The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Terry Ward and the Art of Play DVD Set - The Magic Estate (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Abbott Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of Bill Abbott Magic
One of my absolute FAVOURITE performers. Terry Ward is America's quintessential full time working professional magicians, working daily at Walt Disney World clocking in numerous shows everyday. This DVD set is a lesson for the serious magic student and this once-in-a-lifetime release should not be ignored. Produced by Jeff Kaylor and Anton James at the Magic Estate. I ordered mine, did you order yours?

http://store.themagicestate.com/products......-of-play
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Looks to be very interesting, unfortunately the trailer won't play for some reason. The other link works fine.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
It's a fantastic DVD set with lots of live performances. A must.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
The Magic Estate has free shipping including international.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
floridamagic
View Profile
Regular user
lakeland Fl
157 Posts

Profile of floridamagic
I love these DVDs Terry is a reel pro a must for any performer
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
678 Posts

Profile of smullins
I hung out with Jeff a couple weeks ago and he was talking about how much he loved making these DVDs with the Magic Estate. I'm really excited to check it out Smile
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
Incognito
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Incognito
This is a 3 disk set and the contents are listed for each disk but I'm curious to know the run times of the DVDs. Does anyone know?

Thanks.
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Quentin
Have had a quick look at the performances and explanations on DVD 1 and 2. Terry is obviously a working pro with lots of insights and experience.

However I settled down to watch the interview on Disc 3 and had to switch off after 15 minutes or I would have thrown a brick at the TV.. Terry has such a depth of knowledge and what is supposed to be an interview is a monologue by Giovanni Livera with the occasional few words from Terry.

Contrast this with the way Luis de Matos interviews Paul Daniels on BRAVURA.
Mike.Hankins
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Mike.Hankins
Woah...this looks like a must have!
Mike.Hankins

Instagram: MHMagic77

Twitter: @HankinsMagic

FaceBook: Yup!
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2014, Quentin wrote:
Have had a quick look at the performances and explanations on DVD 1 and 2. Terry is obviously a working pro with lots of insights and experience.

However I settled down to watch the interview on Disc 3 and had to switch off after 15 minutes or I would have thrown a brick at the TV.. Terry has such a depth of knowledge and what is supposed to be an interview is a monologue by Giovanni Livera with the occasional few words from Terry.

Contrast this with the way Luis de Matos interviews Paul Daniels on BRAVURA.

I bought the set and am very happy with it.. Giovanni Livera, whom I like, did take over so to speak but that enthusiasm is who he is. He is very entertaining, but I agree I would have liked to hear more from Terry. All in all, great set.
My disc #1 was defective in the interview segment, it just froze and couldn't go back to the main menu. I'm sure the dealer will take care of it.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
I received my set last week. Terry Ward is a wonderful performer, and comes across as a nice guy who loves what he does and loves his audience.

I purchased the set to see his performance of the three shell game and his interaction with the audience. As the title of the set indicates, I liked how Mr. Ward injects a playful spirit into the shell game. Are you going to learn any new earth-shattering shell moves? No, but you will have an example of how a magician can construct a shell game routine that is fun for the audience and eliminates the "sting" of of someone choosing the wrong shell.

As others have noted, Giovanni Livera's personality does overwhelm the interview portions of the DVD's, but the information shared is solid.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
The three shell routine is terrific. Not overly hard, but definitely entertaining. It makes creative use of some readily available props, and it long enough to be meaty but not so long as to wear out its welcome. Very nice routine.

Didn't care for any of the card routines, however. Not that they were bad, but they just weren't as good as many others already in existence. No point spending time learning a lesser effect, IMO.

As noted by others, Livera is repetitive and not particularly insightful when it comes to interviewing Ward. I love Livera's instructional DVD's, but when it comes time to interview others, he may want to consider turning it over to someone less effusive and more willing to prepare useful questions.

All in all, though, a great purchase.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Terry Ward and the Art of Play DVD Set - The Magic Estate (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL