The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ring Flight: PHASE 2 (with Chris Smith's Departure 2.0) (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
West Bloomfield, Michigan
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Oh man, I've been keeping this move to myself for a while. And now I share it with all of you. After I perform the traditional Ring Flight routine...I take the woman's ring off the keychain...and do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj5zqfVtu1E

(If you're new to these Penguin bonus videos: Basically, if you purchase this trick from Penguin, you're going to get an explanation video with the new handling in the "MyPenguinMagic" section of the website. And happy to answer any other questions about these handling on this forum thread.)

-Rick
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Love the videos but this one not so much. Your handling with the ring in one hand and the key chain in one to me gives the effect away. Not for everybody I guess. Smile
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
I have to agree with MR Effecto on this, sorry Rick! Too easy to figure out what's going on in this particular move.
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
How stupid do you think magicians are? If anyone has any of the classic Ring Flight effects, then they can instantly know how the ring went from your right index finger to the key fob in your left hand. Really, please don't insult the magicians on The Magic Café.

If you don't know what a key Case or Key Purse is, then maybe you should get out into the world a little. Why not try going to some stores and browse and educate yourself. If you really don't know, I would be more then happy to send you pictures of men's key purses and key cases.

I feel insulted with this 'offering', really, and the statements made on the video.

And, don't say you will happy to answer any questions as you 'totally vanished' over all the questions with the paperclip effect, and left the owner of Penguin to clean up your mess.
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
Considering he was simply offering a free idea to people that may want to use it, I find your attack pretty bizarre Bill.
As for his comments on key cases and purses, again you'd have to admit that they are not normally used by people these days. That's the reason a lot of ringflight gimmicks are not made using them.

As for you feeling insulted, well...what the hell are you talking about?

If your post was a joke, then my apologies.
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
West Bloomfield, Michigan
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Carl: Thanks for the kind defense. I'm not sure whether Bill's joking either.

Gene and Effecto: I guess this video wasn't really trying to 'fool' magicians. If you're familiar with the right flight gimmick (and pretty much everybody is), then, sure you'll know the ring is connected to the keys and you'll know how it jumps back on.

Bill: Again, I'm not sure if you're joking. Saying you feel "insulted" because I so strongly stand behind MagicSmith's product? Claiming that I think magicians are "stupid" and that I need to 'educate myself' and that I need to 'get out into the world' a little? I just don't understand why you're being so mean, but I'm not going to drop to that level. Also, I believe I answered every question that was asked to me about Bently ("the paperclip effect") asked on Facebook or pm here on the Café. Now, if there were questions asked on the trick's thread that I didn't address, well, I apologize for that. I don't follow each of these threads to completion every time.
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
Ricky: Please don't take the criticism personally - I LOVE your style and videos. Keep up the great work. I really look forward to your stuff. This one was just a little unconvicing to me, from a layman's view. I do appreciate your effort in bringing us new, fun ideas.
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2014, Bill Hegbli wrote:
How stupid do you think magicians are? If anyone has any of the classic Ring Flight effects, then they can instantly know how the ring went from your right index finger to the key fob in your left hand. Really, please don't insult the magicians on The Magic Café.

If you don't know what a key Case or Key Purse is, then maybe you should get out into the world a little. Why not try going to some stores and browse and educate yourself. If you really don't know, I would be more then happy to send you pictures of men's key purses and key cases.

I feel insulted with this 'offering', really, and the statements made on the video.

And, don't say you will happy to answer any questions as you 'totally vanished' over all the questions with the paperclip effect, and left the owner of Penguin to clean up your mess.

I have no words to describe how unnecessarily rude this post was. Quite a shame.
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2014, Bill Hegbli wrote:

harumph, harumph!

I think you forgot to end this with, "Good day, sir!"

I think this is perfectly good as a quick "second phase" as he indicates.

And no, no one uses a key purse anymore, assuming you perform someone under the age of dead.
JollyGreenGiant
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of JollyGreenGiant
Rick Lax is a national treasure
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Someone give that guy a hug? Smile
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Ha! Joe's comment about key purses made me laugh out loud. So true.

I have to agree that Bill was completely out of line on this one. Of course few, if any, magicians would be fooled by this. That's a given, but who cares. All that matters is whether this fools a lay audience.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
The magic Café Magicians helping Magicians remember !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ring Flight: PHASE 2 (with Chris Smith's Departure 2.0) (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL