The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » E-Genii for everyone? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
For a short time, Genii was available as a PDF at Penguin. This made it possible for everyone, not just Apple customers, to carry Genii in their pockets or in a tablet. Even Android users.

Will the PDFs ever return?

*jeep! and God Bless!
---Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Digital subscriptions to Genii are available from us, downloadable onto your tablets and smartphones, as well as your computer. Even Android and Kindle Fire Users. And it's been that way for years.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Thank you, Richard. For the life of me, I still can't find anything about Android (nor PDF) on your site. Everything refers to iPhones and iPads -- So, color me stupid, I thought only those options were available.

Appreciate the education. Looks like next payday means I'll be subscribing again.

Thank you again!

*jeep! and God Bless!
---Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Yes, I loved buying single issues of 'Genii' as a PDF from Penguin.I don't want a subscription as I hate some of the stuff in 'Genii'.For example any more history about The Egyptian hall!
Are Penguin not allowed sell single PDF copies anymore!
International postage for one magazine is crazy!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Markymark: The history from the Egyptian Hall is in MAGIC magazine, not Genii.
A digital subscription to Genii anywhere in the world is going to be only $35 starting in a few weeks. You will get all current issues, and ALL back issues for that. 60,000 pages of material. No better bargain in the world, and no cost of international postage.
WhoDeanie
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of WhoDeanie
Hi Richard,

My electronic issue isn't downloading for June on my Android tablet for some reason. Not a HUGE deal because I still have my paper issue and didn't think it worth the hassle of even worrying about with a new app coming out. Any idea when the new Android app will be available?
Magically yours,

Dean Burgess
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Richard,I was talking about the Edwin Dawes articles which always seem to be about The Egyptian Hall!
If a subscription is going to be $35.00 then that is great value and I will subscribe.
Anything from Gordon Bean is gold!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

All new apps should be available on June 14 or so.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
I'm so happy to be a Genii subscriber. we really get looked after well and Richard is always finding new ways to add loads of value.

Compare that to what's happening with Magic magazine currently. Subscribers there are leaving in droves.

Keep up the great work Richard. You are a shining beacon of best practice in the world of publishing. Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Thank you.
We are continuing to refine the process after going live with the new website and new digital delivery system.
If you can't find our app in the Apple app store, you can find it by sending this url to yourself on your device and tapping on it:

1. Going to this URL, linking to the App store entry:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/igenii/id875002465?ls=1&mt=8

2. Going to the e-Edition URL on an iOS (iPad / iPhone) device:
http://geniimagazine.dc.newsmemory.com/ which will redirect the user to the app store entry.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

We stopped running Edwin Dawe's excellent column "A Rich Cabinet" almost 10 years ago when they began selling the entire run on CD.
fasr eddie
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of fasr eddie
Is there no way that people who buy the magazine from their local magic shop can get access to the video files?
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Hi fasr eddie, sorry, but access to the digital version of the magazine is by subscription, either on its own, or free with a paper subscription.
fasr eddie
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of fasr eddie
Seems such a shame as I am certain that people are buying the product every month from local brick and mortar shop to give them a some support .
magicwolverine
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of magicwolverine
You can now buy the first 75 Volumes as a PDF from lybrary.com.
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1178 Posts

Profile of Chris
Here is the link for those who are searching to buy the first 75 volumes (1936 - 2012) http://www.lybrary.com/genii-the-conjuro......309.html
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Our Android and iPad apps have been updated so make sure to update your apps.
KLG
View Profile
Veteran user
Hong Kong
348 Posts

Profile of KLG
I am still having lots of issues with the new mobile apps. I have both iPad and Android tablet. In both apps, sometimes the app would say I do not have an active subscription (My subscription ends in Aug 2015). When the apps think I'm subscribed, both will always re-download the whole issue every time I start the app, which takes ages. I have played with all 3 different settings, online and offline, but still with the same result. Even I had downloaded an issue (100% completed), it will always re-download it whenever I start the app.

I really enjoyed the tablet reading experience. The old apps works very well, but I had not been able to read Genii on my tablets since the new apps were launched. Do anyone have similar issues? Or is it just me?
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

It sounds like you have a very slow wifi connection. When you open an issue, even if you have downloaded it previously, the app reviews it and it takes about a minute to re-download it, however you can start reading it as soon as the cover appears, which is in a few seconds.

You should not be having any trouble with your account being recognized. In fact, once you log into to the app, there's no reason for it to ask you to log in again. If you're having a problem, please contact the Genii office.

The old app was a mess. The new app is much better, but I'm puzzled why you would say that you can't read Genii on your tablet since the new app was launched--you already said how much time it takes for you to download an issue. If you are downloading an issue, that means you can read it.
KLG
View Profile
Veteran user
Hong Kong
348 Posts

Profile of KLG
Thanks Richard. I assume that means it's working for everyone else. I hope that also means my problem is something that can be fixed.

It should be not due to my wifi connection. My laptop uses the same wifi connection and the magazine loads smoothly without problem. I guess it should be something with my account. I will get some screencaps (of the app saying I have no active subscription) and send to Genii office along with my account info tonight.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » E-Genii for everyone? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL