The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Close up street magic for a begginer (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ace66
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Ace66
Hi guys I'm relatively new to street magic scene. After being amazed & inspired by Dominic Reyes , it has made me want to make people feel the way I did from watching some videos of Dominic Reyes , and I was if there are any close up,s that would suit a begginer like myself.

Thanks for reading

Take care
dtgreat
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of dtgreat
What type of magic are you interested in starting out with? I started with cards and am branching into money and other things.

A good place to start is with some self working card tricks (as you build up your sleight of hand skill set).
Vegas Magician
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Vegas Magician
In the street I love levitations effects.
So, in my opinion a levitation of a cigaret, or coin is one of the bests tricks for a street magician beginner. (for the night).
alexlatorre
View Profile
Regular user
Barcelona
187 Posts

Profile of alexlatorre
I would go for the invisible deck. Simple, quick, and hard-hitting. That is the first and one of the best tricks I have ever owned.
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2014, Ace66 wrote:
Hi guys I'm relatively new to street magic scene. After being amazed & inspired by Dominic Reyes , it has made me want to make people feel the way I did from watching some videos of Dominic Reyes , and I was if there are any close up,s that would suit a begginer like myself.

Thanks for reading

Take care

Why not look on Dom's website? There are many help pages on it and his magic shop sells 1000s of tricks.
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1196 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Cards are a good place t start, but I started with cards, and now it is difficult to do other things. Irf you start with cards be careful not to get obsessed. (Unless you are ok with that. Some very successful magicians do almost exclusively card tricks.)
Reality is a real killjoy.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Rope effects are also great for street magic.
Easy to carry and are very strong magic.
Todd
MAV
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of MAV
I have carried the Hot Rod for years and it always gets a positive response, especially from children and the ladies. It packs small and you never have to worry about a reset.
magicsecure
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of magicsecure
That's the thing you see a lot for street magic is cards the best street magicians are the ones that can give you a taste of all flavors of magic and that can flow from one trick to the nest finger rings to rope to sponge and so on and I have seen a lot of people had card tricks these days not saying card tricks are bad
Magicray69
View Profile
Veteran user
Tampa Bay
369 Posts

Profile of Magicray69
Sponge balls
Sponge balls
Sponge balls
There was a time I had the blues,

the reason was I had no shoes.

Until I met upon the street

a man who had no feet.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Yes!!! Sponge balls are not only good visually, but, the tactile sensation that the spectator "gets", "doubles" the EFFECT, IMO!

Usually, I use a lady, because the tendency is to react/respond more "dramatically"!

Emil Jarrow (in vaudeville) would ask a man in the front row to stand. He would toss a nickel into the man's hand, asking him to close his hand quickly. After the man showed that he could do that, Emil tossed it again, and the man quickly closed his hand. Emil asked, "Heads or tails?" The man opened his hand to look, and it was a quarter! The man's reaction was apparent to the entire house. Listen to Magicray!!!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
MagicDan3333
View Profile
New user
Sun Prairie, WI
38 Posts

Profile of MagicDan3333
A ring and rope effect can also be a nice effect on the street.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Jarrow rocked
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
actorcoop
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of actorcoop
I definitely agree with Cards! and coins/sponge balls, etc... If you create a good foundation of slight of hand skills for closeup, then you'll quickly open up a world of possibilities with street magic effects.

Jay Sankey has some great, easy material for close-up that can easily be adapted to a more "street" performance style.
*I knew you were going to read this
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Close up street magic for a begginer (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL