The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Eleven nesting bottles (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Thom Bliss
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern California
271 Posts

Profile of Thom Bliss
Http://thomblissmagic.com/pix/11-bottles.jpg

I would appreciate any help in determining the origin of these bottles, and what effect theay were intended for. All eleven nest together.

I got these from the big auction site. Other than that listing, I've never seen then advertised.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Looks like a mixture of several different sets of bottles, then custom painted and labeled. The largest bottle have the same shape as the Original Rings & Things Bubble Up bottle they made.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I have a set of similar beer bottles which I got from Richard Himber a few decades ago. Whoever spun his bottles made some of the best looking bottles I've ever seen.

The sloping shoulder wine bottle (the two to the left in the photo) looks similar to a Passe'-Passe' set I got from a magic store in Germany in the early 70s.

Hard to know really.

I think you have a hodge-podge of orphans. Nice looking.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
That would be a fun set to play with.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
That would be an awesome set to just produce out of a change bag in an adult show. A deep change bag. Or a wine bag etc. Imagine all those coming from one wine bag?

Interested in selling them????

Tommy
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
Thom Bliss
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern California
271 Posts

Profile of Thom Bliss
I thought that they might be three sets of passe passe bottles until they arrived. Having examined them, I think it’s more likely that they are a set. The diameters of the bottles are such that nest together quite nicely. Also the differences in height of the bottles in any one group are negligible, a feature that is not often found in passe passe bottles. I think it’s likely they all had the same manufacturer. But I can’t say for sure.

They are fun to play with. I thought they might be produced from, say, a square circle. I’m not sure how to produce them without producing the largest one first and the smallest ones last, while it should be the other way.

No, I’m not interested in selling them.

Thom
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
One thing that might tell if they are a set and not a mix of other manufacturers is, can you pick up the whole set at once to show it is only a bottle. If you can't, then they are a mix.
Thom Bliss
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern California
271 Posts

Profile of Thom Bliss
Yes, I can do that. Tilting then as I would for multiplying bottles. The largest bottle hides all the others. Each bottle hides every bottle that is smaller than it.

Does anybody remember seeing anything like this in an old catalog? Does anybody reading this have a set like this, or know somebody who does?

Thom
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Tom, that is not what I meant, I meant from the neck of the bottle or with a hole at the rear. I have never seen, read, or heard of a set like this. I do believe this is a mixed set. I could reference all the places I have seen the different bottle designs, but that is to much work.
Higgenbottom
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Higgenbottom
It looks like Paul Daniels may have used a similar set of bottles here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl2KxFRI0P8 starting at about the 4:50 mark.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Eleven nesting bottles (10 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL