The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Please IDENTIFY this Product ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ihave
View Profile
New user
ocala,fl
74 Posts

Profile of ihave
Hi,

Would anyone be so kind the vanishing magic wand in this video. I would like to buy one, but I don't know the name of it! ! ! !

http://youtu.be/F5THpCRzJGw

Thank you for your kind help. And Merry Christmas, and a Happy New year! Happy Birthday !
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1083 Posts

Profile of BCS
Ihave... I believe that the wand vanish is sleight of hand... a flick of the wrist. If memory serves me right it is in one of the Tarbell books... maybe volume 2.

Good luck,
Bruce
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
It is sligth of hand. It refereed to as the flip stick move.Do a search here t the Café there has been topics about it. Also a DVD called The Marvelous Pencyclopedia has been released with move using a sharpie and a big part of it is based around the flip stick move and variations of.

It worth learning and a great little something else.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1033 Posts

Profile of Ado
Wow... Why the heck would he put online a video of him failing to perform correctly a trick?..

P!
tstark
View Profile
Loyal user
Arizona
267 Posts

Profile of tstark
It is a vanish popularized by Flip Hallema of Holland and it was performed heavily from the 70s on and has been performed with everything from pencils to wands. It is sleight of hand and was amazing in Flip's hands. The wand would vanish, appear, change color, both hands were shown via a change-over, and it would appear behind his back. There are precious few who have performed it as well or better.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
"Fail"? What part? The Wand? The Box? Both were done quite well.

The performance was clearly about the entertainer, not the props. Nobody there was judging him on how closely he stuck to the instructions.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
ihave
View Profile
New user
ocala,fl
74 Posts

Profile of ihave
Well, is there a wand that does this mechanically as well as this technique? Any recommendations on a wand that vanishes?
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
From a purely mechanical perspective, there are wands that collapse (actually several, using different materials and moving in different directions). There are wands that can be "torn up" after being rolled into a sheet of paper (also "break" into tiny pieces). For methods, the wands could simply slide out of that rolled tube. Also there are several "pulls" that will whisk a wand cleanly out of sight. What do you want to do? And how much homework have you done?
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Please IDENTIFY this Product ! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL