The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Jeff sheridan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Has anyone tried the Jeff sherridan wrist escape. this could be done for adults and kids.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I've never been restrained by Jeff Sheridan's Wrists.

Is he not using them? Is it in a magic nook book Jim?
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
I have it on a cheap dvd that someone bought me for my birthday, his wrist are tied with a rope, then you thread a rope thru the middle of his rope and back to you, hold the ends at a distance and cover his wrist and rope, then he releases your rope.hope you can understan that explanation??
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
It's in the cub scout book of magic. this is an old principle
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Yup old principal indeed......
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Try the book,
Scouting for Boys

its one of the best-selling books of all time – perhaps 150 million copies have been sold in various editions and 87 languages since 1908. The 1913 edition

Scouting For Boys has this advice to offer on the following subjects:

Suicide: 'When a man has gone so far as to attempt suicide, a scout should know what to do with him. In a case where the would-be suicide has taken poison, give milk and make him vomit, which is done by tickling the inside of the throat with a finger or a feather…In the case of hanging, cut down the body at once, taking care to support it with one arm while cutting the cord… A tenderfoot [novice] is sometimes inclined to be timid about handling an insensible man or a dead man, or even of seeing blood. Well, he won’t be much use till he gets over such nonsense.'

Slaughtering cattle: 'If you are a beginner in slaughtering with the knife, it is sometimes useful to first drop the animal insensible by a heavy blow with a big hammer or the back of a felling-axe on top of the head.'

Stopping a runaway horse: 'don’t run in front of it with your arms waving. Rather run alongside it, catch hold of it, seize the reins and bring it up against a wall or a house to compel it to stop.'

Saving someone who has fallen in front of a train: 'if the train is very close, lie flat between the rails, [and] make the man do the same till the train passes over while everybody else will be running about screaming and excited and doing nothing.'

exert from http://qi.com/infocloud/scouts
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Anything about stopping a nosebleed by applying a tourniquet around the neck?
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
That's only for a snake bit to the face..
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2014, Ian McColl wrote:
A tenderfoot [novice] is sometimes inclined to be timid about handling an insensible man or a dead man, or even of seeing blood. Well, he won’t be much use till he gets over such nonsense.'

Love it .... that made me chuckle out load - thanks Ian (well Ian and the writer of the book too I suppose).
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2014, Ian McColl wrote:
That's only for a snake bit to the face..

So how do you stop a noes bleed then? Ram a bulls horn up the noes so it cant bleed any more (see notes on slaughtering cattle).... or jam a poker (the iron implement for tending ions not the game of cards)up the noes to cauterise the blood vessels. Obviously it should be a red hot poker.

Sounds like a new thread in not very magical still to me. may go over there now.....
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Ian! It's the 'BOY SCOUT HANDBOOK"

BTW: That must have been a very old BSHB!

I've been a Scouter for 70 years, as of 2014, and I'm planning on continuing until I get it "right"!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
magic123
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of magic123
Jeff Sheridan should be surprised to have " re- invented " this ol Classic thatr has been round
since Houdini 'sday , Not so oiriginal after all. as it was in the Cub scouts bookk of Magic.

m123
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2014, magic123 wrote:
Jeff Sheridan should be surprised to have " re- invented " this ol Classic thatr has been round
since Houdini 'sday , Not so oiriginal after all. as it was in the Cub scouts bookk of Magic.

m123

as Ian said earlier in the thread.....

Quote:
On Jun 27, 2014, Ian McColl wrote:
Try the book,
Scouting for Boys

exert from http://qi.com/infocloud/scouts

But yes I agree Jeff should be surprised or even pleased! Smile
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
This used to be in all the basic magic books, about 100 years ago. I've seen it called the "Arab Slave Traders Escape".

I've been using it occasionally, for almost 40 years. It's a delightful piece.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
It made it on to QI recently in the UK. I say recently ..... it was on Dave so it was a repeat from BBC2 at some point.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Jeff sheridan (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL