The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Michael Eaton Websites (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
678 Posts

Profile of smullins
Mike didn’t ask me to write this but I wanted to talk about a recent experience I had with him. I also posted this hear because the site is developed for Restaurants to land there.

I had contacted Mike with some help on Web design. After a short conversation we worked out an extremely fair price for a landing page. This landing page was for restaurants, which will be a general spot for them to go after they have my card and other press kit information to show legitimacy. Affordable, simple and gets the branding out there.

I have experience in public relations; even working for some of magic’s largest companies, so content wasn’t a problem. However, Mike’s experience was greatly appreciated and really kicked some serious butt. The level he is at, business-wise, is far above most magicians and is so willing to share.

He helped me with e-mail marketing, lead generation, visibility and even some great tips on negotiation I hadn’t heard before.

There are some little tweaks that I personally need to make from a couple items I am waiting for from a photographer and a couple testimonials but this is my own legwork that I have 0 problem doing. Mike has also offered some great help for when those things arise.

Business is the single hardest part in magic. There are methods, tricks, entertainment and putting a show together but if you can’t sell yourself or get visible all of that means nothing. Being able to sell yourself means getting to perform for money. Mike’s advice on the subject is really fantastic and worth every penny.

While a lot of people review things with a number scale Mike’s full service is a 10/10 across the board. I cannot recommend his expertise enough. There’s a reason this guy is busy and is working a lot.

If you need a website, business cards, lead generation ideas or anything else shoot him a Facebook message and you’ll be glad you did.

You can see what he did for me at MullinsMagic.com I've had some nice comments on this already from clients and PR professionals who took a peek.
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
678 Posts

Profile of smullins
Websites* Not Wedsites... Missed that one!
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
737 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
Thanks so much Shawn for the kind words. I just saw this.

Please note this is only intended to be a landing page. Not a full-blown site. I still would like to incorporate a few more calls to action but essentially this is it. I had a lot of fun designing it as well Smile

And BTW, wed sites are on my to-do list Smile

-Eaton
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
678 Posts

Profile of smullins
Yes it's only a landing page and this is the first phase of more to come with Mike's help. So far, super awesome.
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
birdman69
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
110 Posts

Profile of birdman69
I've worked with Micheal many times and cannot recommend him enough. He is a busy guy with both work and family but if you are lucky enough to have him work for you and give him the time and payment he deserves you won't be disappointed.
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Be very careful of working with Michael. Please do some research. Several of my friends have had terrible experiences with him. This post is very old. Look at many of the more recent posts in many of the facebook forums. I have never worked with him, but I've had friends have bad, bad experiences with him and would hate for the same to happen with anyone else.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
These days there are plenty of sites where you can build your own website for free or pay a little extra to get rid of their adds etc
Keith Raygor
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
968 Posts

Profile of Keith Raygor
That's true, but my research has shown me that the SEO of those types of sites (Wix, Squarespace, Weebly, etc.) is not conducive to getting noticed on the first page of Google. There's inherent weaknesses that 'normal' hosted sites don't share. And that placement can make a large difference in the amount of emails/phone calls, and therefore money, that you make from potential clients.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
That is the bottom line Keith. Good point.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Very slow to load and it’s not even https so you get a “non secure” warning on most browsers.
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
678 Posts

Profile of smullins
Please note this post is 5 years old. The site Mike made for me is no longer relevant. My current site is a place holder while I build from the ground up. If you want to see Mike’s portfolio you would do better to contact him vs use mine as an example.
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Michael Eaton Websites (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL