The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Play Dead - Todd Robbins and Teller (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SatanicBurrito
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of SatanicBurrito
Has anybody seen Play Dead (the movie or the broadway show?) Hoping it gets released on video, but searching for it is so frustrating because of the common name! Dying to see it, if anyone has information please share!

http://playdeadthemovie.com/
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
I saw it on Broadway, saw the movie when Todd brought it to The Gathering of the Magi in CT maybe 2 years ago.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
Bill Fienning
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of Bill Fienning
You really need to see Play Dead live at a theater. My wife and I flew to Los Angeles to see our friend Todd in the play.

The technical complexity of the production and the performance requirements of the principal limit the availability of the presentations. Perhaps Todd will mount another production in the future. We can hope so.
Bill Fienning

"It's More than Tricks"
Heka Siosiri
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Heka Siosiri
I missed it in LA and I'm still regretting it. I've heard wonderful things about it.
For what I understood I think it'd makes no sense for it to be on video.
SatanicBurrito
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

I would love to see it in the theater! Unfortunately my closest chance at access to culture is Jacksonville, and honestly it's slim pickings Smile Maybe they'll do an Orlando show some day. In the meantime I'll take any chance to get a glimpse of it! I know anything that has Teller's hand on it is going to be special, been stalking this one for a while I just can't wait to see it!
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Play Dead might be coming around again, but there is nothing definite. We are also working on other mediums for the show , so stay tuned.
horus1
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of horus1
I saw the show in Los Angeles. It's brilliant.
I hope there is a resurrection!
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2014, Todd Robbins wrote:
Play Dead might be coming around again, but there is nothing definite. We are also working on other mediums for the show , so stay tuned.

My fingers are crossed, all twelve of them.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
This video review of Play Dead continues to amuse me.
Here is Andrew and Andrew...
SatanicBurrito
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 7, 2014, Eddie Garland wrote:
This video review of Play Dead continues to amuse me.
Here is Andrew and Andrew...

"It's like waterboarding for the soul" ... just precious. This isn't making it any easier for me to wait!
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
It was remarkable and Todd was very gracious with his time before and after the show.
Viano2
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Viano2
I saw it live and it was AWESOME! It was soooo good on so many different levels. I also saw the movie. It was good, but not the same. If you can't see the play, the movie would be better than never experiencing it.
Uninvited
View Profile
New user
Chicago
64 Posts

Profile of Uninvited
Anyone hear rumors of this returning to the stage in the near future? I saw it once in its NY run, but I have a hankering to see it again and the film seems unavailable.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
March 2016?
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Mmmm. Yes, please!
Phasmologist
The Dark Cabaret
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of The Dark Cabaret
I'll be there. I've seen Play Dead multiple times on both coasts. It's a bizzare extravaganza, but with a few heartstrings played along the way.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Play Dead - Todd Robbins and Teller (15 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL