The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June & July 2014 entrée: Roger Nicot » » Invisible Deck Set Up » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roger Nicot
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melksham, England
105 Posts

Profile of Roger Nicot
Hi Guys.......

I am in a discussion with Christian Schenk regarding the set up for an Invisible Deck. I have always used Even cards on one side and Odd on the other. Christian uses Even Hearts and Spades on one side and Odd Diamonds and Clubs on the other.

Which set up do you use??
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I've just used the set up that came with the instructions in the deck. The spectator has no clue. I'm matimatically challenged as it is so the other set up would just be more confusing for me. ( I think)
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Roger Nicot
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melksham, England
105 Posts

Profile of Roger Nicot
Thanks DavidPaul! I am the same when it comes to stacks and set ups. To me, less to go wrong the better!
Roger Nicot
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melksham, England
105 Posts

Profile of Roger Nicot
Thanks DavidPaul! I am the same when it comes to stacks and set ups. To me, less to go wrong the better!
Shy
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of Shy
Yup, odds and evens, that's the only set up I use.
Roger Nicot
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melksham, England
105 Posts

Profile of Roger Nicot
Thanks Shy.............
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
In my humble opinion it depends how you use the Invisible Deck. If the other cards are not shown to the audience, it doesn't really matter, but if you "show" them by just fanning the deck out, I think it's better for the audience to see different suits and not only two.

Oliver.
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
Oklahoma City
729 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
Heh, I use aronson stack order. It's handy too because I'm always aware if the card will be too close to the bottom or top of the deck Smile
Roger Nicot
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melksham, England
105 Posts

Profile of Roger Nicot
Good idea Brian!!! Thanks for your input!
Roger Nicot
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melksham, England
105 Posts

Profile of Roger Nicot
Hi Oliver......

All four suits are seen in the set up... it is just that all the cards are even values on one side and odd values on the other. Thanks for your reply!!!
svengali103
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of svengali103
I think you should create your own order, because if people are not aware of a setup, then you will get a better reaction than if it is split up between even and odd or red and black.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June & July 2014 entrée: Roger Nicot » » Invisible Deck Set Up » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL