The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Pop Haydn's Six Card Trick DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

craig fothers
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of craig fothers
Yesterday I received Pop Haydn's 'Six Card Trick'. This is Pop's take on the effect created by Tommy Tucker, and made famous by Roy Benson and Clarke Crandall.

This DVD is produced well, with multiple camera angles employed to better explain the methods used to bring about this effect. For those who bought Chicago Surprise, as I did, expecting a card trick, and receiving an important essay on magical theory - you will enjoy Pop's approach to teaching in this DVD. Pop goes to lengths to explain the character, the misdirection, the routine and the importance of the phases in the build up to the finale. In this, as with Chicago Surprise, I feel as though Pop is incredibly generous in the way he shares the knowledge and nuance he has worked hard to learn.

Pop and Nancy were even kind enough to post it to Australia, free of charge, which left me feeling like I had scammed a scammer. Smile

This DVD is so much more than the sum of its parts. I'm greatly looking forward to devoting time to this classic of magic.

Check out his website.

Further discussion of this effect can be found in this thread.
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
I just received this yesterday, and I'm very pleased. This is the ultimate packs small, plays big effect, one that you could do in an emergency.

I have the 6 card repeat video collection, and I think this is better than any of those routines. It gets laughs and Pop explains the reasoning behind it.

At $20, it's a great deal.
magical expressions
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of magical expressions
I too have just received the dvd and have found Pop's relaxed teaching style to be an asset to learning this classic. I also enjoyed Pop's thoughts on why he wanted to create this piece and the inspirations behind it.
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
I have everything that Pop has published not necessarily to learn about that particular effect but more about character, stage presence and performance theory. I'll definitely be adding "6 card repeat" to my "must get" list.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Watched this over the weekend. Really fun video to watch and a great effect. Now I just need to practice, practice, practice! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Pop Haydn's Six Card Trick DVD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL