The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Strange construction on my street (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
They've been doing this since spring. They've torn up the sidewalks on both sides of my street for several blocks in both directions.

Then they poured red concrete in place of the old sidewalks.

THEN, when the concrete was ALMOST dry, they put a brick shaped stamper over it and stamped a brick pattern into the red sidewalk.

It's kinda cool.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
That does sound nice Ed. Were the sidewalks just plain concrete previously?
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Yes. Also, (and this is city wide) the light poles and signal poles which were aluminum grey are coming down and being replaced with black enamaled "art deco" ones. The light poles down one street have two lights. The regular tall ones over the street and a lower one over the sidewalk.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
They look good when they are new but not so good over time if its what I am thinking of.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Is this a specially funded initiative Ed?

I'm all for beautification of the streets but, it seems wasteful to replace perfectly good sidewalks and lamp posts before it's necessary.
I can't think of any city that doesn't have a pressing need for money in one area or the other.
I know in NY departments often spend any surpluses on almost anything, fearing that they'll get their funding cut during the next fiscal year.

Just wondering.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Don't know anything about the funding.
Mr. Danny
View Profile
Loyal user
North Central Louisiana
249 Posts

Profile of Mr. Danny
Ed, Red concrete means that power cables are underneath. It is a warning not to dig them up.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I don't think so. I mean the entire sidewalk is red with a brick pattern stamped into it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Strange construction on my street (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL