The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Who has experience using Filemaker Pro? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
671 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
I'm currently using the free 30-day trial version of Filemaker Pro. So far it's been amazing!

I previously kept all my customer data in an Appleworks database (Mac). Appleworks started as Clarisworks, and it was the system I used when I first started my business. Clarisworks tuned into Appleworks, and Appleworks is now obsolete. It isn't supported by the new Mac OS. Appleworks was incredibly easy to use and I had used it for over 20 years. About a year ago I invested in Bento software, but I had trouble migrating 1000+ clients into the system, and I was never really happy with it. Bento has now been discontinued. Now I'm using Filemaker Pro, and migrating all my data from an obsolete system was a breeze. I love the ease of use, but I've only scratched the surface on what it can do.

Just curious who else uses Filemaker Pro, and to what extent do you use the system? I'd love to hear comments from other users.

Lou Serrano
Joe S.
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, CA
270 Posts

Profile of Joe S.
Lou,

Try Lynda.com - I've learned how to edit on Final Cut with their great tutorials, and they do a FANTASTIC job teaching.

Filemaker 13 course is here: http://www.lynda.com/FileMaker-Pro-tutor......8-2.html

Don't forget to cancel your monthly membership after you've completed the course (unless you want to learn other stuff), as THAT'S how they "get you." ;-)

Good luck,
Joe
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
I've been using FileMaker Pro for almost a year. Love the ease of use. Not sure I'm taking advantage of all the bells and whistles - but it does everything I need.
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
671 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
Joe,

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely check out Lynda.com.

Tom,

Besides using it as a client database, what do you use it for? Do you send contracts or invoices from the system?

Thanks again,

Lou
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
I use it to create contracts, cover letters, invoices, show information sheets and other personalized correspondence. Most are printed directly to pdf for emailing to the client. My show info sheets are pdf to my phone so I can pull up the details if needed. I also use it for mailing labels - although not as often these days.
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
671 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
Thanks for your response, Tom. It seems like you have a good handle on using FileMaker Pro effectively. I have a lot of work ahead of me to make the most out of this system.

Lou Serrano
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Who has experience using Filemaker Pro? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL