The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Setting a latex Canary in the Vanishing Bird Cage. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wanmagic
View Profile
Regular user
tulsa, ok
184 Posts

Profile of wanmagic
I have an Abbott's Vanishing Bird Cage and I am looking for the proper way to fix a latex Canary in the cage. I want it to look straight and in the center. Thanks in advance.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Take thin piece of thread. Use a bonded nylon thread that is very strong and durable. Thread the thread through the bird slightly behind the head area. Leave plenty of thread on each side (about 2'). Tie a knot or small bead on each side of the head in the thread. This will keep the bird from sliding on the thread. Now tie the bird in the cage anchoring it between the top and side bars. Hope that helps.
Send me a regular email and I may have another old set of directions that I can send you.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Richard...I've never done the cage, but your note above reminded me of a picture in John Booth's "MARVELS OF MYSTERY" page 128. (don't ask me why!!!--I don't know!) Anyhow...John ran a thread through the forward part of the body (as you described). He also ran a thread from the bird's tail up towards the top bar directly behind the bird. --a sort of "guy line", apparently to help stabilize the little beast.

O
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1622 Posts

Profile of JNeal
That's how I set it up as well. From the top perspective (looking down at the cage) it's a sideways "T" with the upper parts of the T representing the line that connects the front and back with a thread the goes thru' the bird at the head level. The vertical of the "T" is the line that goes thru' the bird's tail that connects to the right hand side of the cage.

This gives the bird a limited range of movement that creates a lifelike feel , but doesn't allow any part of the bird to get caught in the bars. Also, this arrangement will not cause the threads to break when the cage is 'vanished'.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
wanmagic
View Profile
Regular user
tulsa, ok
184 Posts

Profile of wanmagic
Hey guys thanks so much for your wisodom! Richard I tried to email you but it kicked back. I would love a copy of these instructions my email is bobby@bobbywanzer.com

Thanks so much to you all.

Bobby
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Setting a latex Canary in the Vanishing Bird Cage. (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL