The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Han Ping Chen vs. Gallo Pitch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Full Effect
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
257 Posts

Profile of Full Effect
I think both moves are great you can do it either on a table or in the hands of a spectator.
I've been noticing on some of my vidoes and a few people that i've watched doing either Han Ping Chen or Gallo Pitch looks very similar.
Is it the part where you can throw out one coin from the left hand on the table and then throw out aperantly different coin from the right hand but in reality the same coin, make that the Gallo Pitch.
Can't you also do that with Han Ping Chen?
Or is it the way you toss the coin makes it either Hang Ping Chen or Gallo Pitch?
"Running water never becomes stale, so keep flowing" - Immortal Dragon Bruce Lee
blurr
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of blurr
The HPC is more of a slap to the table. The GP is a tossing action. They both accomplish the same thing. But the GP is supposed to be a more natural action.

Blurr
"Someday men will look back and say I was the start of the 20th century."
---Jack the Ripper
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
The major difference between the two is:

1. HPC you actually close your hands over the coins. The actual HPC is usually delayed (meaning you hold the coins, then the HPC is a move that comes later).

2. The Pitch is a move that happens all at once, you never close your hands over the coins. There is no delay between picking up the coins and the pitch, it must be done immediatly.

Not all routines allow you to pitch coins immediatly on pickup, those that do, the pitch works great, those that don't you would use the HPC.
Click to visit:
berseus
View Profile
New user
Sweden (live in London)
49 Posts

Profile of berseus
Excuse my ignorance, but I've never heard of the Gallo Pitch. Where is it written up? Who came up with it?

thanks
/ Karl Berseus
"How often I found where I should be going only by setting out for somewhere else." - R. Buckminster Fuller
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Lou Gallo came up with it, it is written up in Lou's book "The Underground Man" written by Richard Kauffman.

Paul Cummins' video "Up In Smoke" teaches is very nicely as well.
Click to visit:
J_C
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
59 Posts

Profile of J_C
It is also taught by Jay Sankey on his video "Revolutionary Coin Magic".
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
And by Ammar on video ("Early Ammar: World-Class Close-Up") and in his book, "Encore 3".
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
589 Posts

Profile of wayman
Its also on Michaels Knockout Coin Magic (Rubinstein).
berseus
View Profile
New user
Sweden (live in London)
49 Posts

Profile of berseus
Thanks guys.

Now I know what you're talking about.

cheers
/ Karl
"How often I found where I should be going only by setting out for somewhere else." - R. Buckminster Fuller
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Han Ping Chen vs. Gallo Pitch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL