The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Flipper Coin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rlk7
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of rlk7
I am interested in the Flipper Coin and I wanted to know everyone's opinions on it. If I end up getting it, would you recommend the half dollar or quarter dollar size? Also, what are your favorite effects with the flipper and where can I learn flipper coin tricks? Do the instructions that come with the flipper coin teach any tricks or routines with the coin? Thanks. ~Ryan Smile
afknight
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of afknight
I prefer the half dollar size but it's just a matter of what size coin you are most comfortable with. As far as routines, you might want to check out Troy Hooser's book which has several routines which use the flipper. I believe he also has another booklet dedicated to the flipper and has numberous routines. Hope this helps.
tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
Hi Ryan,
I have used the flipper coin for years, I recently have switched from the flipper to the BUTTER COIN...If you are just getting into this I would suggest getting a butter coin....you can do the same tricks as with a flipper coin but it is less difficult to use. The butter coin comes in a half dollar with a dvd that teaches 6 differen't tricks. All of the tricks taught are good and solid magic. Of course you probably won't use all of them. This doesn't come in a quater in the normal retail package...I have found a dealer that does sell it in a quater and have a bought a couple of them. I guess it is up to you which to get. But I tend to get both halfs/quaters in gimmicks. The reason I do that is I keep a quater one in my pocket at all times...and most people have them as well...The half dollar I use for a formal close up show/strolling as it is more visable for the audience to see.

I hope this has helped you out.

TPDMAGIC
rlk7
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of rlk7
Thank you very much. The dvd's seem pretty expensive and have more material than I need right now, but I will research that booklet. Thanks. Smile

Thanks to both of you. I heard that the butter coin isn't that good quality (the coin itself), but I don't know the specifics of those claims. Have you heard about this?
tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
The butter coins that I have are very good quality, I guess it depends on your demands. I have found that it works better with 2 bands....I use it all the time and really like it. If you are looking for Todd Lassen quality for the butter coin it won't be there...but then again no one can get that but Todd, If you like the quality of Sasco I would say it is about the same...actually better. I own tons of stuff from empire, sasco, sterling, johnson, and Todd Lassen. I would have to say that the quality is in between sasco and johnson....its not the best coin on the market but it is very usable and never do I have any problems others have talked about.

tpdmagic
rlk7
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of rlk7
OK, thanks again.

By the way afknight, I found a review for that booklet: http://www.coinvanish.com/reviews3.html#......urf%20II The review is on the bottom of the page.

It says at the bottom to email Troy at a specific link which I did. Maybe I can get the booklet.

I wonder how dated that page was...maybe Troy's email address has changed.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2957 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I would suggest getting a flipper coin and an expaned shell. A lot of routines can be worked out with 3 coins that collaps into one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Flipper Coin (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL