The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from the canadian arctic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PatLapointe
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of PatLapointe
Hi everyone.

After reading this forum for a little while now I think it's about time I say hello and also thanks for all the valuable advices!

I was introduced to magic with cards 13 years ago by a magician who occasionally visited the bar I was working at. It's very impressive to see the impact a talented magician can have on a small crowd. Anyway, he showed me a few basic tricks and I practiced with him for a few month. I was good at the few tricks I knew but honestly, I don't like playing card at all so holding a deck of card or even having one near me is not something that comes naturally to me. So I eventually stopped practicing.

A couple of months ago I was hooked again when I stumbled upon a youtube video of a well executed 3 fly coin trick. To have coins on me, now that's something more natural to me so here I am again, but with coins this time.
I love it. I'm not good yet but we have to start somewhere. So far I have been working on my classic palm a lot. Hands either too sweaty or too dry is my main challenge with this one but in ideal conditions I am very good at it. Let's try to be good in not so ideal conditions now. There is also all the basic slights described in bobo's book that I'm working on. Oh as a good classic noob, I also purchased a few routine tutorials I stored away for later after realizing I have a lot to learn before to get there.
While working on that I'm also searching the Net for good detailed informations for things as basic as the most effective way to bring a coin from CP to display between index and thumb or basic move like effectively bringing a coin from finger palm to display between index and palm where I'm already holding a coin.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Welcome Pat!

Jim
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome PatLapointe,

I admire anyone who takes up coin work.

Best of luck!

-Mary Mowder
Kbuck54
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of Kbuck54
Welcome to the Café, Pat.
Enjoy the friendshipand magic.
Keith Shazam
SHAZAM!
PatLapointe
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of PatLapointe
Thanks for the warm welcome! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from the canadian arctic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL