The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Draven Reviews: Inscrutable II by Joseph Barry (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

William Draven
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas, NV
486 Posts

Profile of William Draven
Title: Inscrutable II
Artist: Joseph Barry
Producers: Alakazam Magic UK
Where to Purchase: Buy at your favorite Murphy’s Magic dealer
Retail Price: $38.25
Learning Difficulty: Medium to Difficult
Length of DVD: 1 hour 54 minutes
Notes: None

Features:
• Play All
• Chapters
◦ 10 Cards for Levante
◦ Thanks to Vernon
◦ Simple Card at Number
◦ Eighth Son
◦ The Spread Cross Force
◦ Think
◦ Pseudo Hold’em
◦ End Play
◦ Freedom Stacking
◦ Psychic Spectator
◦ Intuitive Selection
◦ BONUS: Flip Double Lift
◦ BONUS: Thanks To Higham
• Credits

Includes:
• DVD

Joseph Barry returns in a much anticipated third disk installment of his “Inscrutable” series. Powerful card magic and moves sure to entertain your audiences and keep them spellbound for hours.

Inscrutable II is full of some amazingly original card routines from the furtile mind of Joseph Barry. Nearly two hours of solid card magic, and tutorial that I found to be not only full of good magic, but easy enough to follow along.

When it comes to learning new magic tricks I’m all thumbs. I fumble a lot, I drop the cards, and I’m not the most skilled person at technical moves. I’ve got my set of techniques that I’ve learned and I tend to get by on, but when it comes to card magic I’m no John Armstrong. Normally when I purchase products like this I’m intimidated by the card sleights. Hell I’m still trying to master Malone’s Sam The Bellhop for Christ sake! But Joseph has somehow managed to take material that is brilliant to watch and make it comfortable enough to learn. I’m an instant fan.

There’s a lot of material on this nearly two hour DVD so I’m only going to touch on a few of my favorite routines. Suffice it to say there isn’t a single bad thing on this disk. Every routine is casual, powerful, and stunning.

10 Cards for Levante. Joseph’s handling of this effect is amazing. The spectator cuts the cards. The bottom pack is shuffled. A poker hand is dealt, the spectator exchanges for the number of cards they want, you do the same, and you finish with a royal flush in spades! I love how casual Joseph handles the cards in this. He never even looks at his hand. This trick simply screams ultimate control over the cards, and over your spectator.

Thanks To Vernon is a brilliant four ace assembly that’s very clean. Love it.

Simple Card at Number. Any card at any number has been a classic plot in magic for many years. What Joseph has done was taken this plot to a new level. The spectators card not only shows up at the number they call but they stop you from dealing cards onto the table with exactly that many cards left in your hand. So say they call Jack of Hearts at 32. They stay stop when you’re dealing and you’ve got exactly 32 cards left. The 32nd card being their named card!

The Flip Double Lift is a bonus move on the DVD, but I like it for how cleanly it displays a double. It’s a move that I’ll be using for sure in my card work.

For the close up performer this DVD is a must for original powerful card magic. Joseph’s style is so laid back you barely even realize he’s doing anything at all. You’ll spend some time mastering these routines but it will be time well spent. This DVD is a must have!

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The four points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, Sound & Video Quality and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 9
Solid card magic at a great price. There is a lot of value in this nearly two hour long DVD.

Teaching Quality: 9
Joseph is very laid back and easy to watch. The routines can take a bit to master but it’s well worth the time spent learning.

Video & Sound Quality: 7
The sound is a bit difficult to hear. Joseph talks in a very soft voice most of the time so I had to turn my volume up louder than I normally do for DVDs.

Overall Quality: 9
This is a must have for card magic. Brilliant routines that are powerful, and creative. I HIGHLY recommend it!

Got a product you want reviewed? Want to see if you can earn the coveted Draven’s Seal of Approval? Email me at Draven@williamdraven.com and let me know what I can do for you! Maybe you’re next product could be the next Draven’s Reviews.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Draven Reviews: Inscrutable II by Joseph Barry (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL