The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » New Packet Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
887 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
I've come up with a card effect that I think is pretty sweet. Inspired by B'wave (because I knew there must be a better way) this is way cleaner looking and has a reveal that is every bit as surprising and also quirky/ funny. It needs a unique gaff and packet of cards. It does use a couple of very basic slights, so it's not as simple as B'wave but not especially difficult either.

So, what do I do? Do I start writing to publishers? How do I get the idea out there without getting ripped off. Obviously I want the benefits of authorship if others think my trick is good.

Thanks,
David
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Submit it to one of the magic magazines.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Sackninja
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Sackninja
You could also submit it to the wire on theory 11 if you want. You do have to record your own video of the trick plus explanation.
http://www.theory11.com/wire/
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
440 Posts

Profile of robvh
Penguin Magic has a section for people looking to develop and market new effects. It's designed to help creators connect with people who have complementary skills (writing, video, etc).

You could also reach out to companies (Paltergeist, Blue Crown, Ellusionist, Theory11...) to see what they offer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » New Packet Trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL