The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Periods & styles of Magic » » Free Magic Booklet (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jacob Sparks
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Jacob Sparks
I have a short booklet on magic from the magician's perspective that I have recently written. The booklet consists of several short articles of advice on how to improve your magic and presentation skills. Topics such as what to do when a trick goes wrong and the effectiveness of gimmicks are included. Does anyone know where I could get this published or who might be interested? Perhaps someone already big in the magic community would be interested. I am not looking to sell the booklet, but only to get it published for the sake of getting it published. I am essentially giving it away for free as long as I get credit as the author.
Mike Gilbert
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of Mike Gilbert
Hey Jacob, I know this is a bit late, so maybe you already found your answer. You can always look into self-publishing...you can use something like iBooks Author or something as simple as creating a PDF. If you have a website, you can offer the finished product there. Additionally, you can market it pretty much anywhere (e.g. YouTube, Facebook, etc) for free. Also, if you did decide to put a price on it (even if it's $2.00), you can load it onto Amazon, and they even have an option for the buyer to receive a printed version. Just a couple of thoughts my friend. I hope this helps. Best of luck to you!
-Mike Gilbert Smile

"Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands Resistance."- Steven Pressfield
Nestor D
View Profile
Special user
France (Paris)
830 Posts

Profile of Nestor D
I know of at least four magicians that use lulu.com for self publishing on the web Smile
B.W. McCarron
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, WA USA
262 Posts

Profile of B.W. McCarron
I'd give a shout out to Lybrary.com as a potential publisher, too. They've treated me right.
Good luck!

Brett
DaveGripenwaldt
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of DaveGripenwaldt
You can also "publish" an ebook.
pcrpttc
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of pcrpttc
There are a lot more good free E book online. Ian Rowland is one of them
Dr SH
View Profile
Elite user
French Spirit in Sydney
425 Posts

Profile of Dr SH
Jacob, you tried to publish it last year... did you find a way to publish it? I am sure you could ask any retailer (eg penguinmagic) and they would advice you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Periods & styles of Magic » » Free Magic Booklet (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL