The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Gaffed to the hilt, price? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1328 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
I have a second edition of this book that I am thinking of selling. It comes without any gaffs.

Does anyone know what this book goes for these days without gaffs?

Thanks
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
With gaffs $350

Without gaffs $100
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
darksage
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of darksage
Could someone comment on any special features or information that makes the book without the gaffs so expensive? Thanks!
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1328 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
What makes "Cardshark" or "At the Table" by Darwin Ortiz so extra speciel that they cost over 100?

But with "Gaffed to the Hilt" specifically, I would say it's a very one of a kind and unique book
darksage
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of darksage
Having made many gaffed cards, I am always looking for more knowledge. I'm just trying to determine if I need to add it to my wish list.
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1328 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
If you're into gaffs and gaff tricks, you should definately seek out the book
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
Don England's Gaffed to the Hilt seems to show up in spurts and at times it brings high prices on the secondary market. In July, one sold on Ebay for about $229 from a UK seller. I would say $100 is the minimum price for it and I wouldn't be surprised to see it go for $130-$150.

The lesser known Don England's Paradox (by Kevin Kelly) is not easy to find, but it seems to show up more than GTTH. It generally sells for far less money - even though one on Ebay right now is rather high. It is another source of gaffed card magic, but it also contains some other magic effects.
darksage
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of darksage
I was really lucky to find an almost perfect copy of GTTH in a London book shop for only 40 pounds or about $60...hooray!
Fingers_Fidge
View Profile
Regular user
England
123 Posts

Profile of Fingers_Fidge
I picked up a copy a month ago for just £25 pounds.

I also picked up a copy of another of don England's books at the same time called don England's T.K.O.'s for £8.

Already had paradox so think I have a complete set.
darksage
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of darksage
Wow, and I thought I got a great deal...congrats!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Gaffed to the hilt, price? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL