The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Legalize magic (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:

Don't know if it is true but I hope he did get arrested. Cops have a hard enough job without dealing with cocky punks like Calen. That is my 2 cents.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2014, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Quote:

Don't know if it is true but I hope he did get arrested. Cops have a hard enough job without dealing with cocky punks like Calen. That is my 2 cents.

Arrested for what? It wasn't real. The cop was fake. But from your post it sounds like you hope he was arrested anyway. From TMZ:
Quote:
Home
Magician Selling Weed To Cop -- Calen Morelli: Cop Is FAKE In Pot Magic Trick!
Magician Calen Morelli
Cop is FAKE
In Pot Magic Trick!
8/18/2014 2:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Magician Selling Weed To CopMagician Calen Morelli pulled a trick on everyone when he made it appear a cop slammed him against a wall in search of a bag of pot ... because the cop is an IMPOSTOR!!!

Calen appeared on TMZ Live Monday and spilled the beans ... the epic video -- which has nearly 8 million views -- is not what it seems.

Yes, the magic is real, but the guy in uniform is not a sworn donut-muncher ... well, at least not one with a badge.

Gotta say ... well done.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/18/magician-s......morelli/

Yes, well done indeed. I wish I'd have thought of it.

And you call Calen a punk for getting some excellent promo?
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I hadn't seen the TMZ link where he admits the cop was fake. Was it clever magic and marketing? Sure. I call Calen a cocky punk because I thought Calen came across as a cocky punk on his dvd set Function 9 and when I saw this video I thought it was more of the same from him. I am glad it was fake.
jegerbims
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of jegerbims
I'm with Bob, great marketing idea, wish I'd have thought of it as well! The actual slight looks great too, and I must admit to having a chuckle when the ''cop'' looks under his hat.
r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
Even if he hadn't told everyone the cop was fake, it would surely have been easy to deduce it. As Bob said, a real cop would have noticed the camera. Therefore he would undoubtedly have confiscated it (or at least tried to) as it contained incriminating evidence, not just let both of them go!

I found the stunt amusing, I must admit.

Rich
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I'm really surprised that magicians, of all people, got sucked into thinking it was real.
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
910 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
I'm really surprised that magicians, of all people, got sucked into thinking it was real.

well, its magic.. Smile
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2014, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Quote:

Don't know if it is true but I hope he did get arrested.

*lol* fake or not who cares - arrest him..

do you want the total war on drugs / jokes?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Legalize magic (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL