The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin to impossible location (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
I like the brass nest of boxes. If you have two sets, you can make it seem as though the box has been sitting in front of the spectator from the beginning of the act..
I also like loading a coin in a spec's pocket early in the act (under the pretense of producing one and playfully accusing them of stealing it) then making one vanish and reappear there much later on. Most people, including the spectator forget I was ever near them..
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Welcome to the Café, tyler_rabbit!

Quote:
On Aug 21, 2014, tyler_rabbit wrote:
I like the brass nest of boxes. If you have two sets, you can make it seem as though the box has been sitting in front of the spectator from the beginning of the act...

Brilliant! Never thought of that!

Doug
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Thanks, Doug. Made a few posts a few years ago, but for some reason that showed up as my first one..
Yeah I set the box down in front of someone and ask them to keep an eye on it throughout the act. Then it's just matter of me picking it up and telling them to hold on tight to it and putting it in their hand..
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
If you have the Viking Nest of Boxes, you don't need two sets. Call Viking, they will supply you with just an outer box for just this reason.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Oh cool! Viking makes nice stuff but I use a non-Viking set, and actually like to have two full sets because there's a quarter gl**d to the innermost box of the set sitting in front of the spec. This is a failsafe in case the innitial load goes somehow haywire.. The trick ends with something like a s****tle p**s.. This precaution occured to me when I almost messed up the load. Haven't needed it yet knock on wood..

Oh another neat thing you can do is "unscrew" the lids off each box. Can't remember where I learned this. Anyone know where this ruse originated?
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
I use a JOL Plus Wallet with the ID card holder.

Barry
Dale A. Hildebrandt
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Profile of Dale A. Hildebrandt
Marked coin to snow globe.

Sincerely,
Dale A. Hildebrandt
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
To Snow Globe! Hay Now that sound COOL! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
That does sound like a great trick. Where is it published?
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Dale A. Hildebrandt
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Profile of Dale A. Hildebrandt
@David, Thank you!

@Michael, "Snow Job" is published in my ebook "A Nite of Dumb Poker" available at:

http://www.deceptionasreality.com/aniteofdumbpoker.htm
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I've been thinking about doing this with the Houdini purse vanish which leaves the handcuffs in purse. Not sure where Houdini should reappear from, though- that could vary depending on specific performance location. I may have picked up the idea when I first picked up a Houdini coin. I don't recall if the original effect reproduces Houdini- I don't think so, but someone else may have suggested it.
asawiggins
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of asawiggins
Every time I have pre-loaded a spectator’s pocket and gone into scotch and soda, they talk about it for years. It blows their minds.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin to impossible location (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL