The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Who on this forum would you like to meet in person, and why? (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
George Foreman would be fascinating guy to meet...to discuss naming children if nothing else.

Oh wait, I thought I stumbled into the "What boxer would I like to meet" thread...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
After 5,278+ posts, only credited with
133 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
I met George Foreman at a Special Olympics Luncheon and later at the event itself and he was one of the nicest persons I have ever met. Long after other celebrities had come and gone, he was still signing autographs and in fact missed his flight out that evening because of it. Now back to the what forum member/boxer you would like to meet in person....
John

"A poor workman always blames his tools"
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Um...I once saw Muhammed Ali train if that counts. And I can take a punch. I just can't get back up.
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
I stole M. Ali's watch off his wrist twice. He has wrists like a two by four.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2014, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2014, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
I'd love to meet all of you... Smile

Put as many as possible on the itinerary of your North American tour! Some will have to wait for your next big excursion.

Will do... Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I like to meet just about anyone from here. If I'm off on vacation or visiting someplace and discover one of the Café members is in the area, would be great to meet them, whoever they are. The common bond of magic is enough for me. All the other stuff we "discuss" and argue about is secondary, IMO. But then again it has to be mutual , maybe the other guy wouldn't want to meet with me?! Never know.
But to get back on topic... Someone mentioned an address... 1313 Mockingbird Ln, Mockingbird Heights, Ca haha

Oh and Danny, when are you going to say "you're welcome" for crying out loud?

Glen
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Seriously though, a few that come to mind that I would like to meet are Steve Brooks, Vlad_77, Harris, & Stoney.

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
After 5,278+ posts, only credited with
133 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
No one. At this point in time I feel there are members who are intelligent, passionate in their beliefs, compassionate towards others less fortunate, well qualified in their occupation of choice, mature, reasonably well-off compared too many, law abiding citizens, outgoing personalities, good family men/women, etc. In short, a carbon copy of myself.

Why take a risk and burst my bubble?
John

"A poor workman always blames his tools"
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Pop, mastermindreader, several others. I'd just like to have a beer and some intelligent conversation. It's looks like I'll be in Memphis a while longer.
Oh, I'd really like to meet Krystal too.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Gee, I'm stuck inside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again...cheers, ringmaster!
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Ringmaster-

Beer and conversation are good!
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2014, Pop Haydn wrote:
Gee, I'm stuck inside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again...cheers, ringmaster!
Can this really be tha' end ?
Yep I really miss Dickenson, and Lee Baker and Sid Salvage and the rest of our old band. And more than all my life long sorta' girl friend Connie Edwards, the beautiful lead dancer with Mudboy and the Neutrons.
If you can find it, a feature documentary (Meanwhile in Memphis) about the last fifty years of Memphis Rock just came out.Also check out Tav Falco's new book, "Ghost Behind the Sun", to find out how Jim D. and Rye Cooter got stuck in 'Bamma, the South is truly stranger than fiction.

Mudboy and the Neutrons, the best little band no one can find.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
I'd like to meet everyone, but here's my long-winded, thread-killer of an answer to your OP S2000. Some people I'd like to meet and why.

Michael Baker- I love his woodworking skill and would love to hear his stories about magic and his knowledge of woodworking. I don't do any woodworking, but have always found it interesting. Maybe I could learn a thing or two. And we both love cooking!

Pop Haydn- To just hear all the years of experience he could share regarding magic and character development. And he seems like a fun guy to hang out with. A little kooky- in a good way. I'm pretty kooky myself.

Mary Mowder- She's so nice and made me feel welcome here since way back when I first joined. And I love talking to women. They are always interesting. She has shared things about magic that I don't think I would have thought of because I am a man- always great to get another perspective. I'd like to meet Tom as well.

Magicalaurie- photography and Canada. Enough said. I love Canada-it's so beautiful.

Critter- photography, animals and stuff.

S2000- We have a lot in common I think. Horses, fine cuisine, premium sipping drinks, magic, love of travel.

GlenD- My brother in the Lord that I pray for. Love you brother.

Master Payne- What a character! How could you not want to meet this gem of an individual? I've shown my whole family the world's most expensive coin in bottle routine video. I love Payne and would enjoy talking to him about script and character development. And just plain chatting.

Steve Brooks- It would be interesting to meet the man behind the Café.

Dick Oslund- He has helped me a lot over the years.

Jim Sparks- Love old Jim too. I miss him and I believe his health is deteriorating. He's a very funny guy to chat with.

Bob Cassidy- We're as different in our beliefs as night and day. We could have some great conversation. And I like beer too. I'm Christian and don't get drunk anymore, but I like a good cold beer, a cigar and some great time talking.

David Penn and Craig Petty- I love these guys. They do us all a great service each week. I love their show and enjoy listening to them.

Ray Bertrand- Always has insightful comments to share

Bob Sanders- I'm friends with Bob on Facebook and would love to go to the ranch, have a meal and talk silk magic. And conservative politics.

Daffy Doug- Another character that I'd just like to meet in person. He has some great posts and lots of great things to share.

Michael Eaton- Again, lots of experience to share and I'd love to hear about his work with the Orlando Magic and just hang out with him.

Dougini- I'd like to talk magic mostly with Doug. And bible stuff.

Devious- He lives near my in laws in SD, he's a vet and his character is cool as all get out. I'd love to sit and have a meal and chat with Devious.

Brad Burt- Again, he lives close to my in laws in SD, he's a brother in the Lord and just an all around great guy. Very helpful and likes to teach. I need to stop in and meet Burt one day.

I could go on. I know I'd leave some out. acesover, mindpro, landmark, Pakar, Bob1dog, mowtown, etc, etc. I'd truly like to meet you all. I like to listen to you and care about what you have to say. You are all interesting people with stories to tell.
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2014, S2000magician wrote:

3. Stoneunhinged - so that he could finally hear how I sound when speaking

In spirit of the original post, I'd say that I, too, would love to meet Bill if for no other reason than to finally hear how he talks when speaking. (God forbid I would wish to hear how he talks when doing anything else.) I would hope that he would find that I talk better than I type.

Of course, I would love to meet the Café friends that I have private correspondence with. They know who they are. Other than that, I'd prefer to meet California Café members, because I love California.

Mostly, however, I'd like people to come meet me. Come on over to Germany. I'll buy you a beer (or wine, if you prefer) and you can tell me stories and I'll be grateful for the visit. I now live in two cities: I split my time with my new wife and step-children in Hamburg, and my son and my job in Goettingen. So when you think you'll be in the area, give me a PM.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
I couldn't agree more with lunatic about the value of having friends from a broad range of the spectrum - I do in real life, and I do here, and it enriches my life - if we just want people to agree with us we may as well talk to ourselves.

As for Danny Doyle, I had quite a few arguments when I first met him on here probably a decade ago until I learnt the secret of dealing with Danny - pay attention to what he says - not what you think he says - because Danny says exactly what he means.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
What's new, I didn't follow the rules and post the whys of the folks I named earlier. But I didn't get called out for it either so I guess it's all good. I thought I would add them anyways just because.

Steve Brooks- I think it is fantastic what he has done with the dream he had way back when and just want to hear him tell about some stuff from his perspective.

Vlad- I am fascinated with his extensive background and knowledge concerning the church etc and also as a knowledgeable magician. I always find his replies right on and informative.

Harris- Because of how encouraging he is and including the over the top way he reached out to me this year while I have been going through some heart wrenching stuff.

Stonunhinged- Just because it's him "Stoney"! Would love to just hang out, have a cold one or two etc and converse about love life the universe, maybe some magic. Would be great.

Add to my list Theodore Lawton- I definitely feel the same way towards him as a brother and we have prayed for each other across some miles. Although Az is not that far, who knows maybe a visit one of these days. I appreciate his openness in sharing his successes and difficulties. Both encouraging.

Glen

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Who on this forum would you like to meet in person, and why? (21 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL