The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Juice Newton's "Love's Been A Little Bit Hard On Me" (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Here is a great country music classic:

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Here is a better one...

"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

It's another great classic by Juice Newton. Thanks for sharing Kabbalah!
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I always liked "Queen of Hearts." It speaks of a time when creativity won out over money in music videos.
Anybody know whose hands those are doing the card stuff.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Quote:
On Aug 26, 2014, ed rhodes wrote:
I always liked "Queen of Hearts." It speaks of a time when creativity won out over money in music videos.
Anybody know whose hands those are doing the card stuff.

I remember when both songs came out when I was a kid. My old man would listen to them on the radio while driving me to hockey practice. 80s definately were a great time. At least, that is when I heard both of these songs played on the radio on a regular basis as a kid in the 80s going to hockey practice. I think some ways, the older times had better creativity.

I remember reading about this family in Canada who decided to go back to living in the 80s for one year. They got rid of modern technology and only had technology that was available in the 80s in their home. They had closer family relationship and their children became more creative after living that way for one year. Wow! What a concept! People, family, friendship and loyalty were the things that really mattered they discovered. Isn't that something huh? Something that does not seem as strong today as it once was back then. An interesting experiment to read about.

You can read about it here: http://www.therecord.com/news-story/4061......and-all/

Quote:
I've been touching a lot of people's lives just through the people that I've met, when people see me and the way I look," McMillan said. "They will stop to take pictures of me, and then I can talk to them. They think what we're doing is really cool."

The social experiment is part of a documentary film project that McMillan is undertaking, one that is not without some dependency on contemporary technology. He is currently looking for a film-maker to take over the project, and perhaps a writer to chronicle the experience.

"We're in the middle of the documentary now," he said. "It's about reconnecting, and basically disconnecting from technology to reconnect with friends and family."

If you want to visit the family you'll have to leave your cellular telephone in the "cellphone box" inside the door and agree to participate in a slice of 1986 life. Inside the house a "ghetto blaster" plays cassette tapes. There is a 1980s television set in a wooden cabinet. Furnishings are very sparse and very 80s.

"When you walk into my house I want you to feel like you're walking into the late-80s," he said.

The effort, which is to last for one year, has not been without some strain on relationships. McMillan and his girlfriend are much more difficult to contact, so friends have been inconvenienced. Some won't come to visit because they are unwilling to give up their cellular devices at the door.

"I'm living in a bubble," he said. "It's very strange. And it's not easy."

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
1979 version of Queen of hearts.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Juice Newton's "Love's Been A Little Bit Hard On Me" (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL