The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » My New Mechanical Acrobat (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

veegates
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of veegates
It was a coincidence that I saw a new thread about Antonio Diavolo. I haven't been too active on the forum for a while. But anytime I am scrolling through and I see Antonio Diavolo I stop and read. It is interesting to me that this string started up again. A while back I built a mechanical acrobat. He was kind of clunky, but for the most part he worked fairly well. He was merely a prototype. I built him because a magician told me that it would be impossible to build one and make him perform. I had a lot of time after building the first to figure out how to improve a second one. I decided to not build another, but recently I was hired to build several props for a cruise line. One of the first props they wanted was a mechanical acrobat on a trapeze. I had several of the pieces nearly completed and they decided to go a different direction so I was left with a lot of partially finished props. What do you do when that happens? You cannot just toss them away, so they all got shelved. But recently, I decided to dust off the mothballs and try to put a show together of my own. The first piece I completed was a new and greatly improved mechanical acrobat. He does so much more than my first acrobat. This new incarnation bends his arms at the elbows and shoulders. More lifelike than my first where he had straight arms. He raises his hands above his head while in an upright sitting position and also releases them while hanging from his knees. He also has the ability to do the splits. He can scissor his legs open and closed. He also bends at the knees and straightens his legs and when he does straighten his legs, he also points his toes. He is at the moment in the dressmakers shop being fitted for his costume. As soon as I get him back, I will try to find a performer and a good videographer so I might be able to present a proper video. I will post a video shortly.
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1137 Posts

Profile of Eldon
Sounds amazing. I would love to see the video.
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Would love to see this too! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » My New Mechanical Acrobat (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL