The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Need help with Flash Paper (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheMagicOfDean
View Profile
Regular user
What!? I Only Have
105 Posts

Profile of TheMagicOfDean
Hey, thanks for reading this thread. I recently bought some flash paper and I have tried it twice. It burns pretty slowly.

Is it because it is still a little moist? How do I have it burn faster as my intended effect was to have a fp rose turn into a real one.

And secondly, my flash paper tears when folding the rose. Any tips on how I can prevent it from tearing?

Thanks.

Dean
Harrismatic
View Profile
Elite user
Greece
434 Posts

Profile of Harrismatic
It must be COMPLETELY dry in order to burn fast. You have to leave it to dry for some days and then use it if you got it wet.

if it tears, either it has been produced long time ago and the chemicals start to dissolve the paper making it "fragile", either the flash paper is made out of thin and cheap tissue paper. Either way you can not do many things to prevent it from tearing. Get thick flash paper to be sure that you will be able to fold a rose out of it safely.

Harrismatic
TheMagicOfDean
View Profile
Regular user
What!? I Only Have
105 Posts

Profile of TheMagicOfDean
Thanks for the input. I am in the process of letting it dry. Smile
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Flash paper will dry with in minutes not days! it should be fine in less then 10 minutes. if your not sure let it sit out for an hour.
but in 20 years of using flash paper if I forgot to take some out of the wet pack the night before - I take it out when I get to the show and by show time its fine. some times in less then 10 minutes its dry.

make sure you separate all the sheets so that they dry individually.

as for the tearing either its really old flash paper or you are not making the rose correctly.

never had a problem making a rose with it so I am guessing you might be doing something wrong in the process.
i don't know what method or pattern you use so cant really comment. but if the paper is not old then the obvious choice is your system.

you should be making it just like the napkin rose.

good luck and be safe

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Need help with Flash Paper (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL