The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Draven Reviews: Joined by Dario Capuozzo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

William Draven
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas, NV
486 Posts

Profile of William Draven
Title: Joined
Artist: Dario Capuozzo
Producers: Titanas Unique Magic
Link: Available From Your Favorite Murphy’s Magic Retailer.
Retail Price: $29.95
Learning Difficulty: Easy
Length of DVD: 34 Minutes
Notes: Some Assembly Required

Features:
• Play All
• Performances
• Explanations
• Credits

A Torn and Restored card plot without glue, magnets, or sticky stuff. Can be done surrounded, and has an easy set up.

I love the classic effects and when it comes to card tricks the systematic destruction of a card and then the reassembly of the pieces through magic is one of my favorites. As a story teller there is so many different angles you can take on this plot it’s about as varied as the many different ways there is to achieve its workings. From the strait forward destruction and the restoration of the card to the metaphoric death and rebirth approach the torn and restored card plot has earned its place among the classics.

Dario has created possibly one of the nicest versions of the TNR that I’ve ever seen. Though the setup involved will take a little bit to get used to the results are something that you can’t argue with. It’s fun, simple, and commercial. This really is the simplest way I’ve ever seen to perform this effect. The DVD is 34 minutes long and is expertly put together. I found the DVD to be well taught. The card can be signed and unsigned. While I liked the idea of doing this with a signed card, the handling I found to be a bit awkward. When performing this I prefer the unsigned version. The results I’ve gotten are great too so that never hurts!

This is a brilliant, simple, and easy to do effect. No glue, no sticky stuff, and no magnets. The method surprised me because I’m shocked no one has thought of it before. This is great for close up work, or even small stage. I highly recommend Joined if you like Torn and Restored effects.

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The four points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, Sound & Video Quality and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 8
This is a great trick at a good price. Highly commercial handling.

Teaching Quality: 8
Easy to learn, and easy to master.

Video & Sound Quality: 9
Good video good sound.

Overall Quality: 8
Loved Joined! This is my go to for performing the Torn and Restored card.

Have a product you want reviewed? Want to see if it will stand up to the Draven Seal of Approval? Contact me directly at draven@williamdraven.com to find out how your product could be on the next Draven Reviews!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Draven Reviews: Joined by Dario Capuozzo (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL