The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Rope (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael_Late
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Michael_Late
Hello together,

i am a austrian magician and I want to ask where I can buy a special rope for a flying illusion?

please can you help me.

its very important. its for a christmas show. I should fly over the audience

all the best

Michael
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
This may work for flying over the audience. Doesn't use "ropes".
http://www.superchargedscience.com/images/catapult-large.jpg

John Smile
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
Hi Michael,
It's really a misconception that this illusion is about rope. There are many more and very important things that you have to know about this very difficult illusion.
I'am 100% sure that you can't find the answers on Magic Café or elsewhere on internet. The few people who really KNOW will keep their mouth shut.
On such a short notice the best thing you can do is to contact John Gaughan, who created Flying for D.C., or drive to Switserland and deal with Peter Marvey, who
created floating above the audience.
Hals- und Beinbruch und Grüsst Gott!
magicwatcher2005
View Profile
Elite user
Washington state
446 Posts

Profile of magicwatcher2005
US Patent number 5354238: http://www.google.com/patents/US5354238 - It's public information, by the way.
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
Hi Michael,
Of course the information about the US patent number is correct and there you can read that the patent holder is John Gaughan.
But beware: you can't use this text and drawings as a workshop plan. In the patent you will find a basic outline of the apparatus, together with a difficult (unreadable) text.
The real apparatus on stage does not compare with rare drawings in the patent paper ( Gaughan is very clever, he knows where "enemies" are looking for). When on stage you would not recognize the equipment at all!
StevieDee
View Profile
Regular user
Salt Lake City area
154 Posts

Profile of StevieDee
Check out flybyfoy.com or www.zfxflying.com, because believe me, you're going to need a lot more than just "rope".
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
How many magicians have been served with copyright infringement suits for copying DCs act? I've heard of a few.
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2014, john wills wrote:
The real apparatus on stage does not compare with rare drawings in the patent paper (Gaughan is very clever, he knows where "enemies" are looking for). When on stage you would not recognize the equipment at all!

You are correct. I helped set it up off the truck! That patent is useless. And Peter Foy was the developer of the track-on-track system in 1965 for Peter Pan with Mary Martin. Gaughan took that system 3-Dimensional. Brilliant work!

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Rope (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL