The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Help and critique (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Aus
View Profile
Special user
Australia
997 Posts

Profile of Aus
Gbhunter77 you were a lot more fluid on performance and in speech this time compared to your first video I gave comments on, great work. You also had a premise this time of extracting the aces which was also good, just needed a motivation was all, why would a magician do this?

Are you demonstrating how a magician uses his ability’s to get a good hand in poker or maybe a demonstration on why some cards in card games are considered wild cards. What ever the motivation for extracting the cards are, make sure you have one.
When constructing plots for magic a good basic structure is:

1. Introduce the props and plot.
2. Develop the plot with word and actions – get the audience involved.
3. Build to the climax
4. Point Up the Climax (the results)
5. End with applause cues – a style off and/or tagline.

Here is an example:

Step 1 Introduce the props and plot:

When we come into this world we are blank slates, much like these blank cards here {show the four cards blank}. It’s not until we are exposed to family and community values that we develop a sense of our own identity {Spread the deck face up to show the mixed nature and values of the deck then place it face down again}.

Step 2 Develop the plot with word and actions – get the audience involved:

When we are exposed to family and community it’s at this moment our first impressions are made {a blank card is placed face down on the deck}. If you’re born into working class family, things of a practical nature such as finances, possessions and the attainment of material goals might be a value you adopt {have the spectator press down on the top blank card to help establish the impression then reveal the ace of diamonds}.

Or maybe you come from a loving family were passions of the Heart are encouraged like dreams, desires, love and relationships {again a blank card is placed on a face down deck and turned over to reveal the ace of hearts}.

On the other hand maybe a tradition of things of an intellectual nature like high education, Literature and politics might be your thing {a card is impressed and turned over revealing the ace of clubs}.

Maybe you’re the type of person that has a strong sense of purpose that compels you to dig into issues like your community or the less fortunate {reveal the ace of spades}.

Step 3 Build to the climax:

Now let’s see what type of person you are {take the four aces and place them on the table face-down and have the spectator place their hand over them}. Who a person is, is more than just our influences in life, it can also be our choices. Life is a series of choices; we choose our occupations, our friends and even the people we marry. Sometimes the choices in life can be between the path less taken and the road most traveled. Even predictions of the future is a choice of what will happen and what won’t. Please turn over the four cards {revealing them all to be blank again}.
Performance Note: you might need a packet switch a bank of blanks to facilitate this.

Step 4 Point up the Climax (the results):

It seems that who you are is yet to be determined.

Step 5 End with applause cues – a style off and/or tagline.

So choose wisely.

Magically

Aus
Gbhunter77
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of Gbhunter77
Wow that is great stuff. Thank you so very much for your time. I will make a copy of your mail so I can read it over before filming more. You guys are great on this forum. Thanks.
My youtube channel check it out its magic.
im not great but getting better.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMvQIycva0rFOIdArln7lEg
russellajallen
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of russellajallen
You'll find a lot of help on this forum buddy, I had some great adviuce recently. I'm new myself, if you PM a link I could offer my advice, I've got a few videos that I have had reviewed but maybe being a begginer like yourself we could trade a few videos - I know I'm justa begginer but it might help both of us critiqing somebody else?

I do mentalism but its all performace - let me know what you think?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Help and critique (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL