The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » couldn´t believe my eyes.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Martin_H
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
164 Posts

Profile of Martin_H
But not because of good performance, but because of worst behaviour of a magician.
Imagine a private birthday kid show (magician seems to be a "friend" of the familiy) and he shows (after some other poor performed tricks) a cut and restored rope routine, where he let a spectator (the mother of the birthdy child) cut the rope in two pieces and they are a different length, evertime she cuts...
as she cuts the rope first time, she said "give away your fingers" and he grabbed her breast and asked "from where?, hahaha..." Smile IN FRONT OF THE CHILDREN!!!! I had trouble holding back my wife, who watched that with me, not to shout at him loud!!
He also had some really bad patter about "drunken people" while performing place changing whine glass and bottle....
The magician himself was not drunken, but he is a member of the Austrian "Magischer Club" and it was the worst behaviour I have ever seen at a performance!!
Just want to join you that experience, in hope to increase magicians performances and behaviours...!
Martin
life is real magic
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
This is the kind of guy that really gives magicians a bad name. This type of behavior, unfortunately, colors the attitude of people regarding magicians in general. Sounds to me like the guy should have been punched in the mouth by the lady in question and sent on his way.

Best thoughts,
John Smetana Smile
CENDRE
View Profile
Veteran user
FRANCE
334 Posts

Profile of CENDRE
When I hear such a story I think we have a lot of work to do to make people accept that magic is really an Art... not only dumb tricks...
Il était une fois...

CENDRE
Paris
FRANCE
Martin_H
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
164 Posts

Profile of Martin_H
Cendre,
you have the point...unfortunately such "magicians" really do the art no favour..
Martin
life is real magic
Ray Haddad
View Profile
Regular user
Mansfield Center, Connecticut
151 Posts

Profile of Ray Haddad
Does the word censor mean anything to you, Martin? Can your local club censor him for this behavior?

Best,
Ray
Martin_H
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
164 Posts

Profile of Martin_H
Ray, I don´t think so... Smile
But I think of sending a "claim" to the club president...!
Martin
life is real magic
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
At least he didn't grab the birthday girl's chest.
Adam V - 9 out of 10 dentists recommend him.
Bird Brain
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Bird Brain
DANG! That's horrible! That magician really shouldn't do kids shows!!!!! MAN!
Did I say that's bad? Lol!

However...My mom taught me a lot about understanding people. As much as I hate to see stuff like this BAD magician happen, I'm wondering...Is there a way to "steer" this guy in the right direction? Martin, is there any way for you to talk to this guy?
I mean, he MUST know that it's not right to behave like that anywhere, let alone a kids show. But maybe a polite, but firm, email about how magicians REALLY shouldn't do that would be better than other things?

Does this sound like a good idea? It might TEACH this magician something, as he doesn't seem to be the guy to "take a hint" from people shunning him. Shunning and condemming him might just fuel him.

Bird Brain
Yes I know my enemies
They're the teachers who taught me to fight me
Compromise, conformity, assimilation, submission
Ignorance, hypocrisy, brutality, the elite
All of which are American Dreams, All of which are American Dreams
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
Yeah!

Shun and condemn!

All of them!

*** kids magicians
Adam V - 9 out of 10 dentists recommend him.
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
I think what Ray means to say is "censure", not "censor"; while in any country with rights of free speech censoring is generally not a good thing, censure can be quite acceptible :o)
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » couldn´t believe my eyes.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL