The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » 'Career in Mentalism' Course (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
One shouldn't be considering this course for the "tricks" as wizardofsorts mentions, while it's part of the course, if that's all you concerned with you'd really be missing the true value of this.
Nick Kolenda
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Nick Kolenda
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Which are also ironically enough on their way out LOL.

As a passionate reader, I refuse to accept the impending doom of book stores Smile

In any case, I used Barnes and Noble as an example because it was the closest match to Blockbuster. With some creativity, the routine could be applied to most types of brick-and-mortar businesses that have a large selection of products.
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2014, Mindpro wrote:
One shouldn't be considering this course for the "tricks" as wizardofsorts mentions, while it's part of the course, if that's all you concerned with you'd really be missing the true value of this.

Thanks, Mindpro. I agree. I think each area, by itself, would be valuable. However, I think the true value of this course comes from the combination of those different areas (i.e., showmanship, routines, AND marketing/business).
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It simply strikes a potential buyer add being dated materiel is all. Right or wrong that is the perception.

Sort of a bad perception for a marketing course I would think.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
555 Posts

Profile of Circusman
This guy has just hiked the price of his course from $199 to $349 !

I understand this is to 'Protect' the contents.

Bolloc$$

Be honest - It's GREED !
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is his product he can charge what he wants for whatever reason he wants.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Nick Kolenda
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Nick Kolenda
I sent an email to my subscribers today explaining the price increase, and I also explained that I was giving away 250 free copies of my paperback, Showmanship for Mentalists, with free shipping. I explain the book giveaway in the Penny for Your Thoughts section:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15

I explain the reason for the book giveaway in the other thread, so I don't need to repeat it here. In regards to the price increase, I still think $349 is still pretty low. This course isn't some small item - it's a huge course with tons of content. I've priced it at what I think is fair.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is your product. Charge what you feel us right. I see no issue.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
555 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Free book.
Yes - but only if you live in the states.

Course price hike = PURE GREED ! Nothing else.

Everyone to their own opinion, and that is mine.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Nothing wrong with having an opinion. Yours is as valid as anyones.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of VIEW
Nick

How about a combined price for buying all the routines only?
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Man, he offers the book for free and now we want to pick and choose the content we want? This is very discouraging.

Seems very odd that after all of Nick's efforts all one would want is the routines.
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of VIEW
My performing business closed out at $355k of sales on my last publicly filed accounts. I don't need business advice. But I love learning new routines.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I understand, but what I was saying is this was not the intent of this product and it was only a small portion to further demonstrate his process. If you billed 355k in sales I'm thinking this course and the routines may not be for you.

On the other hand you can always pop for the price of the course just to get the full show of routines and it would likely still be worth it to some.
Nick Kolenda
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Nick Kolenda
I used to offer the individual items for sale, but it spurred too many negotiations. Plus, as Mindpro alluded to, one main benefit comes from the combination of items - everything feeds off each other. Even though it may be different for your situation, other people will gain the most value when they have access to all of the information.
aukt
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of aukt
I personally just want to buy the effects. Didn't I see the course broken up on a page yesterday or the day before? I'm only really interested in the effects.
Brainbu$ter
View Profile
Veteran user
Indianapolis, IN
326 Posts

Profile of Brainbu$ter
What happened to this course?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2018, Brainbu$ter wrote:
What happened to this course?

Seems to have vanished.....
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » 'Career in Mentalism' Course (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL