The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Steven youell (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
I wondered if anyone had an update. Concerned about his health etc and haven't been able to find out very much new on the internet. Lynn
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Unfortunately, not much has changed since we last spoke a couple of weeks ago.
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
779 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
Keep him in our prayers.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
We're pulling for you Steven.

-Mary Mowder
Aubrey_T
View Profile
Regular user
Paso Robles
175 Posts

Profile of Aubrey_T
The latest on Steven :
http://www.gofundme.com/onashk

Support if you can.
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1183 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
Many on the boards are familiar with Steven. You either love him or loathe him. For the longest time, he's done his share to encourage the latter by not treating his severe bipolar disorder. I'm pleased to report that Steve has made significant progress in this matter, however, he and his family have fallen upon hard times and are about to be evicted from their home.

The following link will take you to a message from Steve on Go Fund Me site: http://www.gofundme.com/onashk
-----
I posted the following on the Academy of Magical Arts FB page elaborating on this:

Please read Steven's plea for assistance and know that everything he stated is completely true. He and his wife have been through very harsh realities that would cower even the strongest of us. I wish that I could claim this to be a gross overstatement of the facts, but sadly it is not. I can personally attest to the veracity of everything described in Steven's post.

Steven's eyesight was truly so bad that he could not identify a playing card held virtually inches in front of his face. For a card guy of his skill level, this indeed was life shattering. Whip some severe bipolar illness on top of this and Steven hit incredible lows that he managed to barely scrape through with the assistance of his friends. For those of you who may be unfamiliar with uncontrolled bipolar disorders, you should know that these individuals can rapidly escalate to become first class ***s (note the capital 'A') - they engage in reckless behaviors and do a lot of stupid things. They **** people off in style. Steven will be the first to admit that he is the poster child for this disease. The good news is that though the combination of good medications and counseling, he has made remarkable improvement.

One thing that Steven left out, and has placed a very significant financial burden on he and his wife for a long time, is the fact that they have been raising children that are not technically theirs. For the past 10 years or so, they’ve raised their niece and nephew because their parents were drug addicts. Steve and his wife took it upon themselves to raise these great kids as their own. They've provided them with homes, meals, driven them to their schools daily, etc. Neither the parents nor the state, for that matter, have ever contributed even a single dime to Steve and his wife care for them. They did it out of love for these kids and they felt it was the right thing to do.

And that's the right thing to do now. One of our own is in desperate straits and needs our help. Some of us have routinely helped out with grocery and gas money, etc over the years, but much more is needed at this time. As a magic community, we came through and helped Simey (Lovell) get treatment for his addictions and move back to England to be with his family for support. Steve and his family warrant our consideration, as well.

Please share this with others in the magic community.
------
FYI- I have Steven's permission to reveal all of the above. Many in the magic community know me as I've provided medical care to many of our colleagues including JC Wagner, Bob Elliott and other prominent members who shall remain nameless here due to privacy reasons. I've been intimately involved in Steven's care/rehabilitation as well.

He and his family really need help. Please consider contributing.

Jeffrey Pearson, D.O., F.A.O.A.S.M.
"MagicDoc"
www.medicine-in-motion.com
Carlsbad, CA
Life is an improv. The game goes on...
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
Perhaps he was funded, because this link is no longer valid and I wasn't able to find him on GoFundMe.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Both links are still active.
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
The site says they are not accepting more donations
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
I just found this on Card-Shark's site:

http://www.card-shark.de/index.cfm?page=......rtID=285
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
I received the email about his latest release "one way trip" using the Phoenix deck. So he is apparently doing better now, releasing new stuff. Good to hear.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Steven youell (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL