The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » God is forgiving routine ideas ? (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
For those that use puppets, you could teach your puppet Bible versus on forgiveness.

This doesn't have to be a ventriloquist routine.

Though I am a ventriloquist, not all my puppets are used with my lips being still.

In fact one of my puppets asks me why my lips are moving when he talks.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Police Magician
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
648 Posts

Profile of Police Magician
I use the Silk in Balloon for this message. Also use a Ball to Cube. Take the silk and show it as sin. Place silk in hand that is secretly holding the ball to cube. Insert silk into ball and open hand to show sin blocks our relationship with God. Bring out the fully inflated clear balloon and show it as our soul.

Make the silk appear inside the balloon to show how sin stains our soul. Tell them that asking God for forgiveness cleans our souls. Pull the silk out of the balloon as you state this.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Thanks

I really appreciate the idea on the magic compass

I also make my own, but have never made the ones with a message inside.

It is great when folks share their creativity.
Along with great props, in my experience , it is good to share
Personally at the level of my audience.

Some are ready for "milk".

It is a blessing for me to give and receive.

Love and prayers brother Harris
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
A great way to approach forgiveness is to say that you forgive everyone for everything. This includes forgiving yourself, which is actually a wise place to start. By doing this, you are not condoning their actions, which can be horrendous, but you are recognizing their divine nature, which was a gift from God. We left God in in the Garden of Eden, and entered the material world, which is far from perfect. However, God never left us. One day, we shall all return to God. "Return to me, and I shall return to thee!" Malachi 3:7 JR
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2014, Cafémagician wrote:

Forgiveness itself is a very hard thing to achieve and alas a magic trick alone is not going to do it.

Doing a magic trick trivialises the question of forgiveness. The odds are that one of the kids watching this will start fighting with another kid within 30 minutes of the show finishing! So much for foregiveness.

What we do illustrates a message, we are trying to show a new, creative way of looking at foregiveness. Not everyone would take that on board, but they wouldn't whatever we do. But the more different ways off approaching a complex issue the better.

Most of us tomorrow will sit through a Sermon. If it has an object lesson then we are more likely to remember the message and reflect on it when we do wrong. That's why i/we use magic, puppets or other creative ministry tools.
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Un forgiveness can lead to resentments which
can be like taking poison,while expecting someone else to die.

Let go & Let God comes to mind.

This thread has great possibilities on and off our stages.

Love and prayers
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2014, Cafémagician wrote:

Forgiveness itself is a very hard thing to achieve and alas a magic trick alone is not going to do it.

Doing a magic trick trivialises the question of forgiveness. The odds are that one of the kids watching this will start fighting with another kid within 30 minutes of the show finishing! So much for foregiveness.

This was posted by Mark Lewis a member that has long ago been banned and returns under different use names to disrupt the café

Since posting this, Mark has been identified by the admins and banned again
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
I am delighted to see that the mods have removed Howie's post about beheading which started all the fuss!!! Smile
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2014, Jolly Roger wrote:
I am delighted to see that the mods have removed Howie's post about beheading which started all the fuss!!! Smile

Yes, I requested that they remove the post because it was not the best comment I have ever posted on the café
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2014, Howie Diddot wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2014, Jolly Roger wrote:

Yes, I requested that they remove the post because it was not the best comment I have ever posted on the café

Well done Howie!!! We all make mistakes. I have made many in my time, believe me!!!! The very fact that you have admitted it is actually a great credit to your good self. Congratulations. Now, we can all move on...........Smile JR
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Forgiveness of self is important.

Guilt turning to shame does not honor

His prophets of old were far from perfect

So am I.

Love and prayers
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
Hope you don't mind- repeats - Make a Compus (arrow)card double wide- so you can fold in half(12x24 = 12x12 ??) outside(arrowside) can be decor as a gift with the bow at the arrowhead end- do here-there-everywher routine - then say "the Greatest gift is (open fold) "FORGIVENESS" - - also make a colorbook style effect -1st. set of pages with sins written with charcole -so you can smudge then dirty - next set is pure-white pages -Dirty Sins to White Forgiveness - You can also use a red silk(Blood) and run it accross the book - possible a color changing silk(red to black) where Blood cleansed the "Book of Life" from dirty black to pure White(or silk could change from red to white).. OK ????? Ralph(russo)Rousseau
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
I have to share something about FORGIVENESS that happened to me - when I was around 5 years old(72 years ago) Iwanted a piggy back ride from my GreatGrand Mother- she politely said no- I climbed up on the counter and went onto her back - down she went -She told me to get my Mother a few days later Great Grandma Passed away - being only 5 I didn't know what was what - years later (in my 20s) I was talking to my Mom about it- She told me GRANDMA said to Her -"don't say anything to Little Ralphy- Forgive him as he didn't know what happened or what he was doing (sound familer??) - What a WONDERFUL_FORGIVING GreatGrandma (and My Mom- My Grandma-/her daughter/ My Grandfather -Uncle - Great Grandfather-who weeks later passed away -the whole family ) Just think what would have happened if they told me when I was only 5 -Scar'd for Life??- I know what REAL Forgiveness is. And Of Course always, OUR LORDS Forgiveness. Ralph(russo)Rousseau
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » God is forgiving routine ideas ? (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL