The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Jobs to have in retirement (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
. . . is comprised of . . . .

Please tell me that your iPhone wrote that for you, that you didn't consciously compose that phrase.

Please.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Getting back to the original topic, it seems that advocating that people become magicians in retirement falls under the anyone-can-be-a-magician rubric.

Do we really want to promote such tripe?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2014, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
. . . is comprised of . . . .

Please tell me that your iPhone wrote that for you, that you didn't consciously compose that phrase.

Please.

I don't have an iPhone. I meant to type, "is consists of."
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
Getting back to the original topic, it seems that advocating that people become magicians in retirement falls under the anyone-can-be-a-magician rubric.

I think it is a bad idea to further.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:

You ARE kidding right? Are you saying that someone who is financially stable with endless time to rehearse, study, and improve is the wrong kind of person to be a magician? Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2014, Slim King wrote:
Quote:

You ARE kidding right? Are you saying that someone who is financially stable with endless time to rehearse, study, and improve is the wrong kind of person to be a magician? Smile

Having financial stability and loads of time aren't sufficient to make one a magician. Talent and desire are arguably important as well.
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Most talented magicians I have met are not very financially stable. You are not likely to get rich being a magician or an artist. I mean, you might, but it's no guarantee. But I have met a lot of talented magicians who are not rich or financially stable. I even heard Dia Vernon had to live at the Magic Castle because he was not financially stable.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2014, General_Magician wrote:
Most talented magicians I have met are not very financially stable. You are not likely to get rich being a magician or an artist. I mean, you might, but it's no guarantee. But I have met a lot of talented magicians who are not rich or financially stable. I even heard Dia Vernon had to live at the Magic Castle because he was not financially stable.

That's interesting.

What does it have to do with the discussion at hand?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
As a person gets older .. They generally get smarter or at least more exposed to how things really work. All the young bucks think they know it all, but I'll go with the more mature magician every time. Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
As a person gets older .. They generally get smarter or at least more exposed to how things really work. All the young bucks think they know it all, but I'll go with the more mature magician every time. Smile

That's interesting.

What does it have to do with the discussion at hand?
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:

Kinda puts new spin on the MILF acronym... Magicians I'd Like to F...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2014, rockwall wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Who's "spinning" or even making any political commentary, Danny? I'm simply making a prediction. It will either be right or wrong and that has nothing to do with whether you like it or not.

Once I predicted that Nixon would defeat McGovern. I hated Nixon. But my prediction had nothing to do with what I WANTED to happen.

Well, considering how a prediction you made earlier this year about what happens later this year is looking to turn out, I'm not too concerned about your 'Obama chief justice' prediction.

I seem to recall your predictions from a few years ago about how Obama would soon have gasoline prices over five dollars per gallon. I don't believe your predictions about the last presidential election were too accurate either.

But keep sniping. I don't think anyone's really listening to you anyway.

I think maybe you 'miss-remember'. But that's OK. I understand. You get confused. I'm just glad you're still listening to me.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2014, imgic wrote:
Quote:

Kinda puts new spin on the MILF acronym... Magicians I'd Like to F...

Friend on Facebook?
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2014, Salguod Nairb wrote:
I'm hoping to be a writer.

You could compile your 50 posts into a book...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Jobs to have in retirement (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL