The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Strain (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult

No thread on this yet? Thought it might be up the Spooky street...

I'm two episodes in (no spoilers plz thx) and enjoying it more than I expected TBH. It's a nice twist on an old classic. Some of the dialogue is VERY clunky and a few of the characters are little more than 2-D hacknied clichés (Pride and Prejudiuce, this ain't) but the shock moments are great and there's a lot of intriguing goings-on.

I recommend it, with those provisos. Check your brain at the door and enjoy.

Still, I'm only two episodes in, if it turns to ****e in week 6 - don't blame me!
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
Louis Cypher
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of Louis Cypher
I agree Mat, I'm getting quite into this too, Acting and story are a bit strained Smile, but with so little of any interest on TV at the moment, welcome viewing.
Allan Kardek
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
194 Posts

Profile of Allan Kardek
I've stopped watching it... the acting is terrible (especially the female CDC worker) and I couldn't stand it anymore. I do like the premise though. It's filmed in Toronto and it's funny to see Toronto locations with a fake NY subway entrances on the streets Smile
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
The books are fantastic, you should check them out. Well worth a read: https://www.goodreads.com/series/46579-the-strain-trilogy

I was a bit skeptical when I heard about the series, but I'm really enjoying it so far. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Strain (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL