The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Your preferred wallet and why? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris.Z
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Chris.Z
Hey guys (gals)
I know there are plenty of wallet threads out there already but I just wanted some general feed back from the walk around workers. Rather than ask, Which wallet should I buy? What do you think of this wallet? What about wallet X vs. Wallet Z? I just want to know if you carry a "magic" wallet for walk around, which wallet did YOU settle on and why?

Thanks
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
I have the original F1 wallet from early 2010.

It holds packet tricks and business cards.

It's the easiest no palm card to wallet.

That's all I need for my current restaurant work. (for peeks I use Danny Archers Sneak Preview, which I had already purchased.) I don''t use envelopes.
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
What do you want to do with the wallet? Hip pocket or jacket pocket? Palm or no palm? Is price a concern?
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
First it depends on what you actually want.

Do you want a smaller hip pocket wallet that fits in your back pocket or do you want a bigger wallet that fits in the inner coat pocket?

Do you want a card to sealed envelope, or a "sealed envelope that you rip open", or do you want it to just appear in the wallet in a regular wallet compartment?
Chris.Z
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Chris.Z
No,no.I'm not asking for recommendations, I'm just asking what wallet did YOU choose and why. Please and thank you.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
The ones I prefer to use

In formal performances I use the PET and the Real Man's Wallet the most. Even though the Real Man's is a normal size wallet I carry 1 & 5 transpo, Powerball 60, Extreme Burn, and Steve Valentines 3 card routine in it, it's pact with magic.

The ones I have and why...
"The Real Man's Wallet"
- I use it as my everyday wallet for the past 3 years
- It appears behind a snapped compartment where your ID is, what is great is you can stick your id halfway out and use it as a glide for the load when you palm the card and reach in your back pocket.
- You can use it as both a hip pocket or inside coat pocket wallet. Jon Armstrong uses this wallet in his front pants pocket for his monte routine in his L&L DVD Set.
- Palm load

"H.O.W Wallet by Harry Robson"
- You get Dave Bonsall envelopes that fit the pocket
- You get glides
- It's a tad bigger but still fits. You have the option to not use the envelope feature so it appears in the snap compartment, up to you.
- The spectator opens the envelope.
- Palm load

"Richard Pinner's PET"
- You get two different cases, black and clear.
- Nice looking Chinese envelope, you can buy plenty of refills for cheap.
- Spectator can't open or handle the envelope before until AFTER you open it, but it's still great, love it.
- Can be used as an inner jacket pocket or hip pocket type wallet.
- Palm load

"Hip Pocket Mullica" (SLIM)
- Only the SLIM Paul Harris Presents are left, the remakes
- No Palm
- Appears in the inner wallet
- Allows for mentalism routines such as Oz Pearlman's "What's in a name?"
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
My new go-to CTW wallet is Tony Miller's Speed Loader Plus. The name of the product tells why.

For really different and novel effects, I am using Tony's DiLeather Wallet.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
For formal work, Robson's wallet (currently use 'Worker's Dream, also have instant reset), because:
- Item(s) to sealed envelope which the spec opens. The most powerful strolling trick I do (as part of a routine of course).
- Can be reset while fully surrounded in under 5 seconds.

For daily use, Royal CTW, because:
-Hip pocket wallet - does not look magic-y either inside or out
-Fits a whole card in withough MCF

Quick namecheck to Dave Bonsall for his excellent envelopes and service.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I've used about a dozen over as many years, but I keep going back to the Mesika.

1. It looks like a real wallet.
2. SUPER east to load. (I don't use the method in the instructions.)
3. Any card.
4. So many magicians say the MCF is a negative to this wallet, I strongly disagree. It's another layer of impossiblity, especially if your fold is good. Even though I can palm, it's easier to load.
5. No reset.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have always been a fan of the Mullica wallet. Simplicity works for me.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
I had my favorite wallet stolen a few months back. It was the "Absolute Amazing Wallet". I liked it because it was so easy to have the spectator deal the cards and stop on the card that I had in the wallet in an envelope. I have done it for years and the wallet held other effects (Powerball 60, burn notice, 100 names, etc.). Since it was stolen I bought the F1 Nitro wallet and that is my new favorite wallet. Holds the same tricks but I like performing the card to wallet. I will continue to use this one for years to come as the reactions I am getting are just great.

Patrick Wallace
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I use a JOL Basic. Today, I think it's called the "EZ". It's thin, so the spectators know that you're not keeping a entire deck in there. It requires no reset, so it's idiot-proof. It gets great reactions!

I've had this thing for almost 20 years and it still looks like new. I use it for signed selections, as well as mental selections.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Your preferred wallet and why? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL