The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Boston (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Teddy Meagher
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Teddy Meagher
Hey everyone,
My name is Teddy Meagher and I've been reading the Café for a few years now but I finally have made an account. I have been in magic for 14 years now and hope to provide some interesting ideas and helpful advice. I have been studying to be a doctor so I have been very busy but I decided that I did not want to let magic be pushed off too far and thought that joining this community would help magic stay as an important part of my life. Im excited to finally be able to post and talk with the many great magicians on the Café.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Teddy Meagher,

I've known a couple of Doctors who were also Magicians and I am often impressed by their attention to detail.

Are you into Close-Up Magic?

-Mary Mowder
drmagico
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of drmagico
Welcome Teddy...I have been a physician for 28 years and a magician for 32 years...learning the craft and perfoming were very important to me while in med school...it kept my sanity and was a way to de-stress after a long day...even if you can take 5-10 min per day to practice a move or read something about magic it will go a long way...we are all here to help if you need a kind word of advice...good luck Howard
Teddy Meagher
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Teddy Meagher
Thanks for the welcomes Howard and Mary! I am very into close up magic however I have begun to move away from knuckle busting moves and started focusing more on the psychology of magic. What I mean by that is that now I am relying on the core moves every magician knows (I don't even do a pass anymore) and try to come up with new plots and variations of tricks. I have found this to be much more satisfying since in a sense I am creating effects unique to me and my preference. Its very interesting to me how I have evolved as a magician and my interests have changed, I look forward to hearing more from everyone here but thank you both again for welcoming me.
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
984 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
Hi Teddy - welcome to the Café! Please see www.OpenHeartMagic.org for the power of magic in hospital settings. The founder, Mike Walton, has published papers on the positive impact of magic in hospitals and the organization now sees over 7,000 children every year at their hospital bedside. You will find this organization interesting and might even get some ideas.

I normally 'pass' on comments about the Pass, but ... I never understood why people take the effort to learn such a difficult, not very deceptive, move when there are many far better controls available to card magicians. I say you are thinking right about magic!

Hudson
Boston Bob
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Boston Bob
Welcome! Check out Diamond's in Peabody, great shop!
MVoss
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
372 Posts

Profile of MVoss
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2014, Boston Bob wrote:
Welcome! Check out Diamond's in Peabody, great shop!

Yeah, Eddie has always been really helpful to me. He found me a book I thought was out of print.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Boston (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL