The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Second show (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
495 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Phew... Back after my second show for pre-schoolers. This time they were all 6 years old, and that made a small but noticable difference to my first show where the kids were aged 3-6. Todays group were a little bit rowdier(?) with shorter attention span. I had some fears before that my second show would be like a bands second album - hard to live up to the first success, but it was quite OK. A couple of things were changed since last time, some for the better. Thankfully - lots of things to be learned: 1. Cut, cut, cut out things that disturb the flow 2. Think of a better closer (it is difficult to end with to helpers on stage, I think) 3. Everybody on the floor. Everybody. Teachers too. 4. How to "handle" that four of the kids are my daughters friends and know me maybe a little to well, anybody know what I mean?

I am very satisfied that we all, once again, had fun! My quest for the best show continues!

HÃ¥kan
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
They say that the second parachute jump is more unnerving than the first, and after that it gets easy. You are on the road now. Continued success to you.
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1354 Posts

Profile of danfreed
Preschools are a great group to perform for, so once you get used to it things will be more consistent and more fun for you.
TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Wallingford, CT
458 Posts

Profile of TKD27
Here is a video called "Silly Billy teaches how to keep children sitting during a magic show." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRhM0toNslI

Congrats on show number 2, though. It gets easier, I promise Smile
doofydafus
View Profile
New user
Oxfordshire, UK
45 Posts

Profile of doofydafus
I recently did my second show too. The audience consisted of ... ready? ... just four girls, because the birthday girl "changed her mind and didn't want to invite her friends from pre-school"! So it was just her and three cousins. That was a tough gig.

Can you imagine the reaction I got from the four girls to my line, "How many of you guys play football?"

Deafening, it wasn't.

Keep going, HÃ¥kan. It's all a learning process. Good luck.

Peter
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
495 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Reading through topics in "The little darlings" it seems I´d better get in the state of mind of eagerly awaiting all sorts of unplanned and unexpected things to happen. Now. There...bring it on!
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Profile of The Great Zucchini
Hawkan, way to go, buddy, and remember, the more shows you do, the more your instincts will take over, and spontaneity with that age will kick in. Keep on truckin' , brother.
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Profile of The Great Zucchini
The Silly Billy video, btw, is very funny, but those aren't preschoolers in that video.
TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Wallingford, CT
458 Posts

Profile of TKD27
Lol, this is true, Zucchini Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Second show (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL