The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Making liquid reapear (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Johnny_Dee
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Johnny_Dee
I all,

it's unbelievable how we can be stuck with something and have no clue how to resolve the problem.

Here's the deal. It is pretty easy to make disapear a liquid with a milk pitcher in a piece of paper and than show both side of the paper. However I have no idea how to reproduce the liquid from this empty paper. The only way that I'm thinking is to use a gimmick funnel but I don't like it. It would be cool to see the liquid goes out the paper...And in the other hand, I don't want to be stuck with a big load of liquid in my pocket. If someone have and idea, that would be appreciate.
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
See Jarle Lierpoll's Pocket Power book or videos:

http://www.leirpoll.com/contents.htm

http://www.leirpoll.com/pocket_video.htm

The Almost Ultimate Newspaper Trick.

0pus
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Check out Absorbing News at Hank Lees.

http://hanklee.org/xcart/customer/produc......p;page=1

The leirpoll idea is not practical.

Bill
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Off the top of my head.....

Put a filled Miracle Sponge in a baggie and safety pin it to the inside of your jacket. have the pin close enough to the edge of the baggie so you can just rip it loose.

Now what? Steal it when showing the paper, and wrap the paper around in in a cone again, then turn upside down and squeeze?

Or do the cone and then steal it out behind the cone, so that the squeezing is more hidden, but the liquid looks like it's coming out of the cone, a la predictions and envelopes?

Anyway, a Miracle sponge would help solve any leaking problem, but of course it needs the squeeze.

A zip lock bag would be a natural to handle...Can you melt the tip of an exacto blade into a TT, so that you have instant access to all the water when you want it? (without, of course, leaving bloodstains all over the party...)

and in all seriousness, how much water will a Condom hold? Would this be easier to steal, etc?
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Scott Ocheltree
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of Scott Ocheltree
In the old classic, "Newspaper Magic" by Gene Anderson and Frances Marshall, there is a description of an effect called "Tom Harris Milk Paper". The trick uses a special plastic bag that effectively works like a foo can. Haven't found the exact item with a google search but it doesn't look like it would be too hard to make one using a plastic bag and some silicone sealant.
C Christian
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of C Christian
Can you spit out the water from your mouth!!
That would be funny!!
Cheers Chris
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Don't let Peter Marucci hear you say that!
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Hey, many members of my audiences can make liquid reappear.
In fact, while working in bars, I find that they do that every night. Frequently!
Smile
Smile
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
How about an old standard, "Milk Appear"? It's what I used to use in conjunction with my milk pitcher. You show an empty glass (about the size of a juice glass), and place it into a metal can and put the top on. After you vanish the milk (via YFM) you remove the top of the can and remove the glass....now full of milk. Pretty cool effect, and simple, but still pretty astounding to the audience.

Steve Thomas
Roodsnavel
View Profile
New user
the Netherlands
42 Posts

Profile of Roodsnavel
Question: I have a absorbing news trick, the bag is made of soft plastic, material. So 10 years old, He is really being old. I bought a tenyo trick it is a lunch bag, very bad. I bought a rigide one from Jokermagic, bad! Can you give me a hint? I don't know the name of my old loved one. Maybe the name was Water journal??? "Absorbing News" is the one I don't know, maybe that is the one?
Greetings from Holland

Harry

God Bless You All!!!
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
663 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
When I do the milk pitcher I put the newspaper cone in someone's ear, and let a few drops actually get in the paper. Then the funnel is a natural prop to use when holding the child's hand over a cup so most of the milk gets into the cup while pumping the other arm. Its a classic because the audience always reacts well.
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
limkris
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
166 Posts

Profile of limkris
For your information: Alan Sahxon sells a torn and restored drink in newspaper wich combines the two tricks. Very nice indeed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Making liquid reapear (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL