The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » A Good Act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roxfox11
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Roxfox11
Hello! I have a couple questions reguarding what tricks I should do for a show! I have been doing magic for a couple years now, and I am ready to try out for our schools Talent Show. Everyone at school knows me as the magic kid, and I have some good tricks I know. The Talent Show allows acts 5 minutes in length. That's not a lot of time for magicians to work with, so I was wondering if you could tell me which tricks I should use in this time limit. Here's my list
-Haunted Deck (Loops)
-Invisible Deck
-2 Card Monte
-Slop (by Mismag822 on youtube)
-Salt Transfer (Thumb Tip Junior)
-This That and the Other
I know more tricks, but these are the only ones I think would be up to par for the show. Which tricks do you think I fit in to my show so I can get to rigorously practicing. Thanks!
MichaelJae
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of MichaelJae
If I were in your position I would invite the principal on stage and perform the salt trick, then I would finish the five minutes with "paper balls over the head" using the principal once again. Your audience will get a good laugh out of it.
Aus
View Profile
Special user
Australia
997 Posts

Profile of Aus
Most of that list with the exception of maybe the salt trick seem to me to be close up martial, what are the performing conditions going to be, stage, parlor or close up? The reason I ask is the more visually suited the tricks are to your performing venue the better chance you have in engaging the audience resulting in better perception of your performance.

Magically

Aus
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I would NEVER involve the PRINCIPAL or a TEACHER, ESPECIALLY WITH A BIT LIKE THE BALLS OVER THE HEAD.

Yes, you would probably get laughs, BUT, effects like this, may embarrass the adult involved. --Especially if the performer is a teen ager! True, the audience may "...get s good laugh out of it", but at whose expense?

I have done thousands of high schools programs over the last fifty years.

The salt trick is a "killer"! --If you present it properly.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
I don't really have advice, other than rehearse loads and good luck! Smile. All the best.
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
984 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
Sent a PM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » A Good Act (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL