The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » RIP Brittany Maynard (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
More here: http://www.ayahuasca-wasi.com/english/articles/NVC.pdf

"It requires great honesty and openness, developing a certain literacy of expressions, and overcoming deeply ingrained learning that emphasizes judgment, fear, obligation, duty, punishment and reward, and shame."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Not a philosophy I ascribe to, but interesting reading. Thanks for sharing it.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
You're welcome, Lobo. Thankyou for taking a look. Smile I make mistakes in communication, I acknowledge that. This passage addresses much of what I've been getting at and explains fairly well my resistance to the "ought"s and "should"s and "have to"s :

"Acting out of duty:
The most dangerous of all behaviors may consist of doing things 'because we’re suppose to.' When we use language which denies choice, e.g. words such as 'should,' 'have to,' 'ought,' 'must,' 'can’t,' 'suppose to,' etc., our behaviors arise out of a vague sense of guilt, duty, or obligation. I consider this to be the most socially dangerous and personally unfortunate of all the ways we act when we’re cut off from our needs. When we speak a language that denies choice, we give up the life in ourselves for a robot-like mentality that disconnects us from our own core."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » RIP Brittany Maynard (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL