The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Internet Marketing "Guru" Critiques Variety of Sites (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tim Friday
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of Tim Friday
Here is an interesting video by marketing guru Eben Pagan, he shares a website should immediately answer 3 questions:

1) What is it?
2) What is it about?
3) What do I get?

He analyzes a number of websites and gives a quick critique on them.

The link to the video: http://launch.getaltitude.com/accelerate-websitesanalyzed/

I'm curious, what is your opinion about the info in this video? Agree? Disagree? Please share...
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The editing and jump cuts make it very hard to watch for me. It is an odd problem for a marketing guy to have. I would have expected it to be better presented and smoother. Maybe it levels out later.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
My first thought was ..."Why is Eben wearing Benji's shirt? - It fits Benji better."

I actually found the presentation extremely interesting, thought provoking and well presented. I did not experience what Danny did. I followed his thought process and agreed with nearly all of his assessments of the web sites. I thought of important changes to make on my website based upon this program. Thanks for sharing.
MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
761 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
Eben Pagan is the real deal...

I have paid to be at live events with him in the past.
He is a multi millionaire marketer

he has good info.... TAKE NOTES
its ok.. balloon dogs don't bite
Tim Friday
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of Tim Friday
Charliecheckers, I'm glad you liked and I had a similar experience, I found myself thinking about my site and how I might improve it.

Dannydoyle, sorry to hear about the trouble, my impression was it was very well done and professional looking, high production value.

MikeClay, that must have been a good experience, did it help your business?
MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
761 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
Yeah his course helped me build my first large email marketing list.

I had about 15k people on it.
its ok.. balloon dogs don't bite
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2014, charliecheckers wrote:
Why is Eben wearing Benji's shirt?

Because he too knows what he is talking about.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2014, Tim Friday wrote:

The link to the video: http://launch.getaltitude.com/accelerate-websitesanalyzed/

I was going to show this to Nash. Is there any way to get this to work again?
Keith Raygor
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
968 Posts

Profile of Keith Raygor
As Danny mentioned, I found it difficult to watch due to the jump cuts. There's many, and each time he makes one, my attention was disrupted, and his message was close to being lost on me. I understand that others aren't bothered by it, but it is counter-intuitive editing.

However, I found myself agreeing with most of his analyses of the 37 websites. His message is strong with regard to putting the client and their needs above the promotion of one's self. And he explains it clearly once he starts looking at the sites. He has prompted me to go back and study my own sites.

Thanks for the heads up, Tim.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Internet Marketing "Guru" Critiques Variety of Sites (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL