The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Best object vanishes for table hoppers? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

IbiMania
View Profile
Regular user
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
108 Posts

Profile of IbiMania
Purely for party settings where one cannot carry specific containers or even if they can, they cant justify it...what vanishes (object/card/coin) would you suggest?

context: If you are paid to be a 'subtle' entertainer. pretend to be a guest who 'happens' to know magic and can entertain guests. so yep no busking kits etc I am afraid
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Consider "Squash".

Here is some discussion on it:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=19

...and where you can buy it:
http://www.abbottmagic.com/Abbotts-Squash-ABBsquash.htm
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Yup! I just added a post to that link you provided, Michael.

At the risk of being an old curmudgeon, I'll note that too many of our modern generation have "married" the TT. The TT IS a most practical and useful tool (here comes the "but") but, the p**l ranks right beside the TT. Each has its own advantages. In both cases, the magician must have a modicum of talent. In the case of the p**l, misdirection and timing are the keys (to getting the gimmick into position, and to allowing it to "work".

>>>IbiMania!!! I am very familiar with that type of booking ("subtle"). Dubai is a "rather" warm corner of the world. If you wear a coat, a TOP IT, or a p**l may be the way for you to go.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
P.S.!!!

IbiMania! Maybe coats are not always practical, but pants are almost always "in style) Are you familiar with the coin (or almost any small fairly flat item) vanish using a fold of cloth on the pants leg? I use that OFTEN, for coins, and small items like a color changing knife.

Abbott's once sold a GOGO VANISH. It was a variation of a devil hank, You could show a ball, holding it at fingertipa, cover it briefy with the hank, jerk the hank away,and, the ball was gone.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
If you're wearing a jacket, then sleeping and a topit.

If with sleeves rolled up, then use time misdirection following a false transfer/vanish and then trouser pocket. Also, the Fox Holdout is a useful utility device for productions and vanishes.

If the setting is right, the Hidden Hand could also be used.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Sorry I meant SLEEVING!
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I'm glad you caught that typo! (In MY act, it's the audience that is "sleeping"!

The late Pat Page once told me that Gillie Davenport once vanished a "kitty" with a TOP IT! He also vanished a tumbler full of rice! (i.e.: the rice, not the tumbler!)
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
If you are wearing a TOPIT, then you can still do "Squash", even without a p**l.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
mixman
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Colorado
294 Posts

Profile of mixman
Before age and the spare tire set in, the topit was one of my favorite utility devices. Especially for table hopping. sometimes just for kicks, I would end a set by vanishing the ashtray from the table. that should tell you how long ago that was.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I hope the cigarettes were out!
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Mixman, I can totally relate to the spare tire issue! Way back when, a TOPIT was a standard thing in all my jackets. Now, TOPIT is an acronym for Throwing Objects Past Idiot's Tummy!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
mixman
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Colorado
294 Posts

Profile of mixman
I love it! Smile
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
I teach my youngest Wiz Kids how to vanish objects (coins, candies, ping pong balls) using a craft glue dot as the modus operandi. When you are done with it, roll it up and deposit it (like a booger)someplace discrete.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Best object vanishes for table hoppers? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL