The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Vanishing Cane Transparent Tube (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Hi. I moved about three months ago and I can't find one object which I was hoping to use for a few Christmas shows. it is basically a transparent ((except for the ends), plastic tube into which goes a cane. If memory serves me there was a hole towards each end of the tube. When the cane vanishes the tube is filled with coins or Hershey kisses or peppermint candies or whatever the final production load will be. I have tried (unsuccessfully) to do a Google search. So if anyone has the correct name for this item or if they are willing to part with theirs the. Please let me know.

I thank all of you in advance for your assistance with this.
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You are describing an old Ali Bongo trick.

Have you tired Google using the word Plexiglas or Acrylic plastic tube. A whole list of tubes came up for me. Maybe then look for something like mailing tube caps or end caps for plastic tubes after you find the tube.

All these have plastic tubes
eplasticc.com
tapplastics.com
estreetplastics.com
eBay.com

Hope this helps you find what your tube.
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
Mine was made by Kovari and works best with M&Ms as far as I am concerned --- thinly problem with this is keeping the little beggars back when the candy appears.

I had not put it on my lists or on http://s1010.photobucket.com/albums/af22......%20Sale/ as I have sold all my canes -- but I would be willing to sell it if you contact me with a PM here, along with (I believe) the original instructons if I still have them in file.

GC
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Bill and Gregg are right.

It's an old Ali Bongo effect called Ali Bongo Sugar Cane. Kovari created his version naming it the Kovari Candy Cane.

Here's a link to the only shop selling this item that I could find, but it's out of stock for now :

http://www.themagicdepot.com/product_inf......_id=1102

Good luck.

Oliver.
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Thank you, gentlemen.

Bill, you are a wealth of resources. To be honest, I don't know why I didn't think to do a google search on those tubes and try to make one myself.

Greg, I may just email you if I don't want to try making one myself.

And, Oliver, that is it exactly! Thanks for the link.

I appreciate everyone's assistance.

Regards,

Jimmy
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Doing a quick search on Kovari's website it looks like it is no longer available, it is not listed. It does use a Fantasio Cane and they are becoming rare quickly.

http://www.kovarimagic.com/Catalogue/World/world.html
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2014, Jimmy Joza wrote:
I have tried (unsuccessfully) to do a Google search.

Oh, I am sorry, I thought by the above statement you did try searching for a tube on the Internet, I guess you meant that you were looking for the whole trick and not simply to replace the tube. The English language can be so confusing some times without complete thoughts expressed.
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2014, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2014, Jimmy Joza wrote:
I have tried (unsuccessfully) to do a Google search.

Oh, I am sorry, I thought by the above statement you did try searching for a tube on the Internet, I guess you meant that you were looking for the whole trick and not simply to replace the tube. The English language can be so confusing some times without complete thoughts expressed.

And here I thought you were also a mentalist, Bill. LOL. Yes, perhaps I should have been more specific than asking for "the name of this item" and perhaps I should have used the word "trick" or "prop" or "effect". But I think you guys figured it out. Having said that. the links you sent me will serve me for either this effect or for using them for a couple of other effects I have in mind.

Thanks again, Bill.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Jimmy, I am a firm Magician, I do not consider mentalism as a magic category. LOL I find it hard to stay the course and not get sidetracked with so called mental magic. So reading minds I leave up the true devotees of mentalism. LOL

I wish you much success in getting your magic trick to work properly.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Vanishing Cane Transparent Tube (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL