The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Do I need a mixer???shure??amp to mike? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

martysh
View Profile
Special user
Greenville,SC
526 Posts

Profile of martysh
Guys... I need your help...I saw a shure llevalier microphone at Atlanta harvesting of magic..the guy next to me won it...I bought it from same firm two weeks later...I have a Mackie 250 amp I have used for music for years... mike doesn't work well with amp... doesn't pick up my voice unless held close to lips... sound goes in and out, this will drive my audiences
Crazy..good performer, bad sound....I called the store today and guy says I need a Yamaha mixer and around the ear headset for extreme movements... guys help me do I need the mixer??? do I need the headset?
I would appreciate any help you can give me..this is my present to me this year and I want it to work great
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Marty
South carolina
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
List all your equipment with model numbers.
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
martysh
View Profile
Special user
Greenville,SC
526 Posts

Profile of martysh
Mackie 150went amplifier
Shure lav system blx14/cvl-j10...lavalier wireless microphone

Marty
martysh
View Profile
Special user
Greenville,SC
526 Posts

Profile of martysh
Phone got away from me...mackie150 ampliphier
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
You have to troubleshoot.

Borrow a wired microphone and plug it into the XLR port. If it sounds good then it means it's your Lav mic system.

The Shure receiver should also have a gain adjustment, volume adjuster. As well as the body pack.
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
martysh
View Profile
Special user
Greenville,SC
526 Posts

Profile of martysh
Hey thanks so much for the help.. new microphone..
controls inside it and a bit on the receiver.

thanks again
I know a simple answer but its just something I don't know much about.

Marty
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Read the manual download, the body pack should have a menu system and a Gain adjustment.

The receiver might have a volume knob in the back next to the antennas.

Then your mixer might have a switch or line level or mic level. You want mic.

But do the troubleshooting first.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Do I need a mixer???shure??amp to mike? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL