The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Elite Garnier 3 function wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dano
View Profile
Loyal user
Centerville, OH
240 Posts

Profile of Dano
Does anyone on in the Café own one? I have had it with my BKM, it is obviously a retrofit from a stock unit.

The Elite appears to be what I am looking for, albiet a little pricey. It appears to do all that the BKM does (and more).

Thanks in advance for your responses Smile
"Magic" is merely an illusion, but "Perception" is reality!
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
Hi Dano,
I have and use the Elite Garnier wallet. I have had mine for almost 2 years. I use it as my everyday wallet, carried in my back pocket. It sticks out of a pair of blue jeans about 3/4", no problem.

It is easy to use as a Kaps wallet in the back pocket. Like most Kaps wallets, you'll want to de-burr the slide and then I use powered graphite inside of the slide where it contacts the leather. The zippered compartment is easy to open and retrieve from.

I use the LePaul card to wallet to envelop when I'm strolling or doing stand-up and wearing a jacket. It is very easy to find and hit the sweet spot. The retrieval of the loaded envelope is very open and easy. Also, setting up the envelope is very easy. It comes with a 2 page (I think?) instruction sheet that is informative, but you'll want to have a basic understanding and your own preferred handling for it.

I have not used the Mullica insert feature very much at all. The insert is wider (from the center fold to the edge) than most Mullica wallets. This gives you a lot of cover for the "move". Since I use the wallet as my everyday wallet, the Mullica insert doesn't work all that well for me. I have a home made "Mullica" style wallet that I use occasionally.

The only thing that worried me about the wallet when I first received it was the rather small piece of stitched leather that holds the bottom of the LePaul section in place. I talked to Guy Camirand about this after receiving it, and I told him I intended to carry it in a hip pocket daily. He told me that he personally did not use it that way but that others did. He said if it ever wore out to send it back and he would make it good. I've been carrying it daily for almost 2 years and it has not worn at all.

Highly recommended!

Bob

PS – I can’t resist … Book ‘em, Dano!
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
I've seen John George use this wallet in his walkaround magic. Very smooth. I've got a Barry Price wallet, but if I didn't already have it, I'd go with the EG from the Camirand Academy.
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
828 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
[quote]
I have and use the Elite Garnier wallet. I have had mine for almost 2 years. Like most Kaps wallets, you'll want to de-burr the slide and then I use powered graphite inside of the slide where it contacts the leather.

What is "de-burring" and how do you do it? I always have trouble sliding that slide in...the cloth shreds and leaves threads and the dang thing is always sticking. I tried to cut the slide and taper it down but I can't seem to get it the way I want it.
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
De-burring means to remove any burrs, nicks or rough spots. I used a piece of 400 grit sand paper and inserted it inside of the slide and smoothed and rounded the edges so that there are no rough spots. I also tapered it slightly. Without flexing the slide open too much, add a little bit of powered graphite and then distribute it by running a piece of paper back and forth. Make sure that there isn't any excess graphite left or it will make things black. I did this when I first got the wallet and I haven't needed to repeat it again. Best of luck.

Bob

PS - MJ Mars - I started out with the Barry Price wallet and didn't like it. It was beautifully made, but I couldn't load the envelopes without them tearing. Also, because of its size, I couldn't easily pull it from my inside coat pocket on any of my jackets. I'm sure it works well for others, I just felt for what I paid for it, I wasn't going to modify all of my jackets now and in the future.

PSS - Sorry to go on and on. I found the right size envelopes for my wallet and have my info (name, phone, email) printed on the back flap. I seal the envelope and then use a wax seal and stamp. I think it really dresses up the effect. I found that if I put a small piece of wax paper between the wax seal and my wallet it won't stick to the wallet even after sitting on it. FWIW
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
Dano
View Profile
Loyal user
Centerville, OH
240 Posts

Profile of Dano
Bob:

I noticed you were nor receiving your email notifications, so..... Where did you find the right sizes envelopes? Also, does the LePaul gimmick get in the way of the Kaps function? I noticed the zipper compartment is on the left side when open, does this present a problem with revealing the card face down, or do you just reverse the wallet in you pocket for loading? Smile
"Magic" is merely an illusion, but "Perception" is reality!
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Dano,

I have used this wallet for many many years! I have purchased just about every wallet on the market...and this one gets my vote for THE BEST wallet. I can not recommend this wallet highly enough!

Cody S. Fisher
MUM Magazine
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Elite Garnier 3 function wallet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL