The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Ed Reno (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ChrisPilsworth
View Profile
New user
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
74 Posts

Profile of ChrisPilsworth
Based on the tricks of Ed's published in Tarbell, I really like the plots and scripts Ed created. I was wondering if there are any other sources of his ideas or his story.

Cheers,
Chris
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
There is some things in the Sphinx magazines. His watch in germanium is in there.
Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I wrote up a "review" in the book, of Ed Reno's performance which I got from the late Joe Palen (Chicago). Joe saw Ed at an evening church show in Dubuque, Iowa. His rising cards, his bowls of water productions are mentioned. (Not the methods.) He packed up "with a shovel"!

Ed toured in Chautauqua. I believe his death was in the spring of 1945. He was from Kankakee, Illinois. My first mentor, the late Stuart Ross, worked the advance for Reno one season. Ed's "motto" was: "It's all in the stick." One of his lines was: "You will notice that I grow thinner as the program goes along!"

There were some humorous anecdotes in the old Sphinx magazine.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Ed Reno (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL