The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Catch 23 by Asi Wind (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jaybs
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Jaybs
New effect from Asi Wind which looks like something that has previously been sold in his lectures. Has anyone purchased this and if so, can you provide your thoughts? I performed a search, but there isn't much that came up. I'm a fan of Asi's material, so this caught my attention.

http://shop.dananddave.com/magic-tricks/......ind.html
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Sounds fun
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I was looking for a review for this. I like chair routines and I like the look of this one.

Two questions: Does it need a lot of pre-show work? And can it be performed with larger envelopes for larger audiences?
Yours,

Ivan
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
This looks great, really like the whole concept, especially the check angle. I'd like to know the answer to the above questions by niva as well.
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
This is excellent! I really wish he hadn't released this and kept it more exclusive.

To answer a couple questions above: Yes it can be done with larger envelopes but it might need a little adjustment. And the PS work is almost non existent. I can't say too much, but don't expect the ps work to be anything standard. You can actually do what you need to do without ANYONE knowing what you are doing.

I am quite familiar with chair routines, and this one fooled me badly when I first saw it. My favorite has always been Gary Kurtz's chair routine, but this has become my favorite way of doing it. It's great.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Thanks for the heads up sbays, I'm in.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Thanks. That's it... on order!
Yours,

Ivan
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Is this a download or a DVD? Doesn't seem to say anywhere?
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
It's a dvd Iain and only available directly from D&D.

Which is a shame for us in the UK Smile
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Well I have to get everything from abroad, so everything is almost double the price for me.
Yours,

Ivan
Adam Paul
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Adam Paul
This is based on the Gary Kurtz version, which was cleverly routined to cover the dirty (NW) work. Does Asi cover this on the DVD? Since no chairs are used here, I hope Mr Wind shares how he covers everything.

I imagine this will take a LOT of work, especially the numbers on the cheque!!!
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2014, Adam Paul wrote:
This is based on the Gary Kurtz version, which was cleverly routined to cover the dirty (NW) work. Does Asi cover this on the DVD? Since no chairs are used here, I hope Mr Wind shares how he covers everything.

I imagine this will take a LOT of work, especially the numbers on the cheque!!!

Everything is covered in full detail, and the work is minimal and quite easy.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2014, David Klass wrote:
It's a dvd Iain and only available directly from D&D.

Which is a shame for us in the UK Smile

Many thanks, David. It is a real shame indeed.
Keng
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Keng
Reviews?
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
196 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
And the work is minimal and quite easy

This work is certainly not minimal, and not easy to do well. Its worth every penny in my eyes, but anyone performing to live audiences, will have to practice .
DR
drmagico
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of drmagico
Just recieved mine the other day and can't wait to perform it...as with all of Asi's magic it is well thought out and amazing to audiences. The preparation is not difficult but the exexution of the routine will require practice and routining it to your individual style...Howard
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
641 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2014, davidredfearn wrote:
And the work is minimal and quite easy

This work is certainly not minimal, and not easy to do well. Its worth every penny in my eyes, but anyone performing to live audiences, will have to practice .
DR

I disagree that the work is not minimal or easy to do well. The mechanics of the effect, in my opinion, are all quite easy. The presentation, I think, is what will take the most work (drama, clarity, etc.).

Another A+ winner from Asi. Brilliant effect, and 100% practical.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
I agree with Exitmat and Sbays. I have purchased this routine and must say it is quite excellent. Sadly, I have never read Gary Kurtz's chair-test, so cannot comment on the credited routine, from which it hails. However, I have read some routines that bear some similarities. As in all routines, there is work that must be done. Asi has structured this so well, that the most difficult part (not really difficult) is done in the open and while being as fair as possible. This is the best structure for this type of work that I have seen. Only in the last couple weeks I have just discovered Asi's work, but am very impressed with it all (this and his ACAAN). I have ordered his "Time and Money" from him and have located a second hand copy of his book (since it is unavailable anywhere).

This is one of those times where I do not want to mention how good something is, but he deserves all the praise. Highly recommended for both a well-conceived structure and for entertainment value.

With Regards,

Sean
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2014, sbays wrote:
My favorite has always been Gary Kurtz's chair routine, but this has become my favorite way of doing it. It's great.

Better than Gary Kurtz's Chair Test??????? Wow, now you got my attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I will definitely check this out!

Smile
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Catch 23 by Asi Wind (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL