The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Trick Development (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
887 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
Like lots of other folks, I have a brain wave style trick that I think is pretty effective. I generally don't like brain wave tricks because the endings are often weak. I think this one is better. Can anyone point me in the direction of an organization I could approach in hopes of developing and marketing the idea?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
It depends how far you want to go with it. Both Penguin and Murphy's offer assistance although I am not quite sure how they work. If it is a single effect that you want to sell from your own site via Paypal or the like, go for it. If you want someone else to sell it and give marketing advice for a price of course. Contact magicians like Vinny "The Godfather" who has a pretty good site that several members use. try to reach out to folks like Cameron Francis, Lee Asher, Cody Fisher... and ask advice on how to go about it. Even contact www.Lybrary.com if it is to be just a PDF or short Protected download. DO EVERYTHING VIA EMAIL SO YOU HAVE A RECORD THAT IT WAS YOUR MATERIAL ON THIS DATE AND TIME IN CASE YOU MEET ONE UNSCRUPULOUS GUY ALONG THE WAY WHO MAY TRY TO STEAL IT. Asking for advice never hurts. I have a few feelers out myself with a couple of these folks. Problem is, they all want to see it performed on video and I don't have that right now. (but soon, I will).

Now the MOST IMPORTANT PART. DO YOUR RESEARCH AS FAR AS CREDITS There are people who will relentlessly tear you apart if you miss one and they believe you did it on purpose or were just too lazy to check. (there are members who could and probably would help you with that too). But seriously, Good luck, I wish the best for you and please keep me updated (even if just a PM now and again) Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
AaronSterling
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of AaronSterling
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2014, BeThePlunk wrote:
Like lots of other folks, I have a brain wave style trick that I think is pretty effective. I generally don't like brain wave tricks because the endings are often weak. I think this one is better. Can anyone point me in the direction of an organization I could approach in hopes of developing and marketing the idea?

I strongly recommend you meet people with deep card knowledge in real life, and bounce your idea off them. Go to a convention with a couple strong lecturers, and ask their advice when showing them your material. Online interactions are more shallow in terms of content.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Trick Development (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL